Brake Pad Replacement

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I need any special tools to replace the front brake pads. Down to the chirpers and I have to take it in Friday for oil change and filter service, but I can do the pads myself as long as I dont need anything special to replace them. Thanks guys.

twotonevert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you should not need any special tools, just metric sockets and the usual tools.

Dave :)

Thanks Dave. I just pulled the left front. There looks to be a lot of meat left on the pads, but I cant figure out why they started squeaking. They dont do it all the time, but every now and then, they squeak when coming to a stop. The only tools needed were a 21mm socket for the bottom caliper bolt and a 21mm box end for the top caliper. The top one was tough because the brake line is right there in the way, thanks Ford. Had to tap the wrench with a hammer to break it loose.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twotone...

My EX was doing the same thing. It was the rears though..... I think the pads were glazed for some reason... I installed new pads all around and it went away. Now I gotta look at it again.. I think I knocked an ABS wire loose.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58