brakes pulling

danman

way up here
Reaction score
Lately my front brakes have been pulling to the right, so I changed to new left front caliper assy. with new pins, new front rotors and new monroe brake pads and a new left front brake hose. Well guess what? They are still pulling to the right!!! My only option left is to change the right side caliper assy. and hose and hope for the best. Has anyone ever had this problem before?? Could this be a problem with a hub bearing going bad?? I checked both weels for loosness both up and down and left to right when I changed brakes and both were tight and spun freeley. Any sugestions would be appretiated. I`m running out of money and ideas fast!!!! :dunno

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it could be the rear brakes as well.

like a left REAR caliper not working.

danman

way up here
Reaction score
I changed my left rear caliper about 6 months ago because it seized on and burnt out my rear brakes on that side. I also put new pads on the rear at the same time. I guess i`ll change the right side caliper and hose and see if that helps.:(

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
wait, its pulling to the right, so you changed the left??? if its pulling to the right, something is dragging on the right, not left.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
if it pulls to the right when applied, he's got the right, er... CORRECT side changing the left caliper.

what could be checked without buying additiona parts, is pull the pads out of the bridge and clean all the rust and scale off of them. It could be build up under the pad hardware and not letting the pads move freely..

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
oh its when applied it pulls, i retract my statement.

danman- something to think about would be changing all of the calipers. usually if the fluid has enough humidity in it to rust up and seize one caliper, the others are close behind.

how does all the suspension bushings look? sometimes the axle will flop around giving you a false pulling sensation, when really its out of alignment and trying to turn.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Ball Joints and Unit bearing are also causes for a pull. while you have it off the ground give all the components a very good once over, pull left to right, up and down. One thing that may help, before you pull any thing off, as you turn on an off / on ramp listen for a change in the way the front end sounds, or feels. Those bumps may not be the road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58