Help Needed bringin the stroke out of hibernation,but gotta fix it first????

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I wish you the best no matter what you plan on doing.

Take care of that boy, love him, squeeze him, teach him to be a good boy.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
thank you stephen,im doing my best to raise him right even though things are a bit shaky for me right now.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well so far its running ok.still has a bit of a skip to it.transfered the insurance yesterday but didnt make it to the registry for the plates.im supposed to be legal as long as i have the RMV-1 form in the truck with the registration.but the insurance company screwed up the rmv form and never signed it.got pulled over last night and got a ticket for unregistered,uninsured and attaching plates.wich is all untrue cuz when the cop ran the VIN it came back insured and the rmv form had the plate number on it.first ride out i blew a brake line :rant so i fixed that and the second trip out i got pulled over and had the truck towed.thank god for a friend that owes me.he payed the tow bill for me and towed it home on his truck.

milspark1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. It sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any at all. I hope things change around for you quickly.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok its got some serious turbo lag.if i just jump on it to take off its a dog and belches black smoke till the boost comes up.if i try to do a burnout ittll sit there and rev with thick black smoke pouring out the stacks with about 5PSI boost.i gotta go check for loose clamps or holes in the boots but if it aint none of that where do i start?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
good to see ya back and sorry to hear your having so many problems, but we will see if we can't help ya find your problems.

did you change your ICP??? sounded like at first b4 the new starter you were having an ICP problem. if you don't have any boost leaks after the charger look at your up pipes and your intake plenum seals. if you look at the bases of the intake plenums and see white then they are blown. mine are blown and it takes awhile to build boost but once the boost comes on it runs great. my bet is you probably got both. those plenums are just sealed with motorcraft grey RTV so they blow out easily since when your under boost your stock plenums will bend between the bolt holes.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i did find 2 boost leaks.one was the boot on the hot side of the intercooler where it rubbed through on the radiator support.fixed that wich a bike patch kit :sly .the other was the the cooler itself.i was missing a sway bar bushing on the drivers side and since the bar is so close to the IC it smashed the bottom of the plastic tank.i tried quick steel on it but it didnt work so i mixed up some fiberglass resin and dumped it in :D .now thats sealed.i cant do brake stands with it.it wont build boost like it used too.it takes a good minute or so for it to get up to 10PSI and then it will incinerate the tires but turn the whole neighborhood dark.:dunno

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
still leaking boost or exhaust.. your uppipes leaking???? those manifolds leaking???? maybe take out the ic pipes and put in your stock y and see if it makes a big difference if you still have your stocker.. if you don't i do if you want to try that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58