Broke it

BigDogDaddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Took my truck to Ford and gave them a written explaination taped to the dash.........
They call with the Injector harness fell off under the valve cover told them to fix it.........

they call again with the Injector Driver module is dead..........

I flip and explain that if I wanted to swap out a bunch of parts just to figure out whats wrong I COULD HAVE DONE THAT The guy is pretty calm about taking my best shot and swears that is NOT what they are doing..........any way looks like I am stuck for this little lesson........

Havent got it back yet so guess I will keep you all posted........

nc1500

MyFirstPS444
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your gremlins. I hope to not encounter them anytime soon.

Just a suggestion. Have you checked your head gaskets? Coolant entering the combustion chamber can do exactly what you've been describing. Especially with a diesel, it creates all sorts or combustion havoc and, if left uncorrected, can get into sensors and gum everything up, causing your mysterious electrical gremlins. It happened to my Chevy a couple of years back.

Pull a pressure test on the system. I believe it's 12 pounds. Otherwise, you have a severe over fueling problem on your hands.:nutkick:

BigDogDaddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck last night , to the tune of 1900 bucks:( .........

I will admit though it runs better than it has in a while (think it had a slight miss at idle).....

So end result was a wiring harness set for both sides and a new IDM.........

Bad part is this is what I thought (one or the or the other) but not both at the in the same day!!

Thanks for the help

Ron

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
My 2000 7.3 had a similar problem.Was miss firing and running on 4 cylinders. I cant remember any white smoke though. It ended up being a bad wiring harness under the passenger side valve cover. Sorry for your problems. $1900 is steep. Mine was fixed for like $200 at the dealer.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They call with the Injector harness fell off under the valve cover told them to fix it.........

they call again with the Injector Driver module is dead..........

so they actually EXPECT you to beleive that the connector fell off
*AND* the module is dead TOO ???? 'cmon !

BigDogDaddy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea well ...........

It runs better than before so that is cool......

It was 800 for both sets of harnesses.......

The IDM was 940.00 and I think they nicked me 100 bucks for install........

Yea for that much I would have thought I could have had coffee or something........

I was assured that the fifty cent clips were installed.........

I dont dis belive the deal with the whole works going out at the same sitting............

Just because the thing realy thought it was a toaster or microwave or ??? It was weird..........

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg