Broken Cruise Control.... Video.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw this, this morning:

Officer Helps Stop Driver In Trouble - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

Wasn't there a recall on the cruise control from Ford? I swore I got something in the mail a year ago. I never got it fixed though. Oops. This will make me get it fixed now! I thought it was especially funny because at the end Ford states they are not aware of a safety issue with this cruise control system. WTF, I swore I got a recall notice for that.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Recall had to do with a possible Fire Hazard due to a CC Wiring issue near the Brake Booster/Master Cylinder.. Not the CC taking control of the vehicle.

But in the Vidio, there's Smoke coming out from under the EX, at only 60 MPH ?.. What ever it was.. You better take yours in and Do the Recall.. ????

Joe

When I took mine in, Ford replaced a segment of wire with a heavier gauge wire. It was a.. Un-Plug the OEM piece, Plug in a New piece deal.

dpantazis

Reaction score
umm, i know that its easy to comment after the fact, but why couldn't you drop the thing into neutral from drive? same thing goes for using the emergency brake, though it would probably burn up pretty quick trying to stop the truck from 60mpg.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm, i know that its easy to comment after the fact, but why couldn't you drop the thing into neutral from drive? same thing goes for using the emergency brake, though it would probably burn up pretty quick trying to stop the truck from 60mpg.

I wundered the same thing..:dunno Hmmmm..

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We now have all of this safety crap on these new cars and trucks and it works if
everything is right, but he says he couldn't get it out of drive, and as long as it's in
drive you can't turn the key off. So it looks like all of our safety stuff is going to kill
us while we are driving.
Doug

dpantazis

Reaction score
doug-

i did not mean turn the thing off. i meant put the shifter into N from D. engine still runs, you still have power assist on the brakes and the steering. that you can do at ANY TIME.

same lack of training and preparedness with the dumb a$hes in the toyotas who claimed they would run away.

turning it off is probably the worst thing to do. you could lock the steering wheel

by putting it into neutral you would at least be able to coast or brake to a stop.

from D to N, from R to N, D to 3 and 3 to 2

you can do with the engine running and the key on.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Looks more like an Expedition... than an excursion to me...... and most folks I know, would be smart enough to shut the ignition off... just my thougts...

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My truck will do this if I hit the cruse control cancel button and the brake pedal at the same time and continue to ride the brake.

The cruise will only disengage if I release the brake pedal and reapply the brakes.

Its done this for at least 10 years.

Tbar

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
the guy said he could not get it out of drive and I think a lot of cars now will not let the key out of ignition in drive. THAT is a scary feeling. I think its going to take quite a few more of these situations before car manufactures start giving the control back to humans.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl