Broken Superlift Add-a-Leaf

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I removed my rear wheels to service the brakes, and to my surprise my passennger side superlift add-a-leaf was cracked. It is cracked right through the centering bolt. My question is, can i drive the truck for a short time until the new leaf arrives? My guess is the spring has been broken since the summer but i cant be sure. Im also wondering what I did to cause this. Ive only done mild off roading in the dunes, and only pulled small trailers. Since the leafs are only about 10 months old should superlift cover the problem?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I would say superlift should/would cover unless it is clearly stated that they aren't responsible after a certain period of time.... you would think/hope that 10 months would be covered.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the major concern with broken leaves is that they can poke out and rip a tire. aside from that, run it if you must.

i sure hope it would be replaced under war. :dunno

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Well I see on there website that there warranty is a lifetime limited warranty. As long as it was not due to operator error or trail obstacles or accidents. Mine was not from operator error or abuse so it should be covered. The only problem is that customer pays shipping. I also need to remove the leaf and send it to superlift for inspection.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Well I see on there website that there warranty is a lifetime limited warranty. As long as it was not due to operator error or trail obstacles or accidents. Mine was not from operator error or abuse so it should be covered. The only problem is that customer pays shipping. I also need to remove the leaf and send it to superlift for inspection.

I definitely wouldn't be driving much on it... I would guess that if you call and b*#ch a lil you could get them to cover the shipping.. just my opinion.. let us know how it turns out... good luck

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Well the last time I pulled anything heavy or went off-road was in August. So I believe it has been this way for a while. I need the truck for daily driving so hopefully I can get Superlift to just send a spring ASAP! Thanks for the support guys.

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Good news I called Superlift today and they are covering it. They just took down all my info and are sending out a new leaf in the morning. I was very impressed an relieved by their response. I did not recieve any explanation of why it broke.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58