Broken Superlift Add-a-Leaf

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
The other interesting point of this thread is that the truck is still sitting level in all 4 corners. The ride also seems to be the normal. I pulled a 2 place snowmobile trailer yesterday and had no problems. So I now know it is a good idea to look at the suspension more frequently. You think the truck will sit uneven when i put a new spring on only one side?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
no, usually with breakage where yours is it doesnt hurt spring rate that much because its still clamped with the u-bolts, so it can "fold" at the crack too easy. i think it will be perfect with the new one.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to one of my rear add a leafs. They replaced it free and sent me two new ones. I was happy to say the least.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I was just thinking it might sit high on that side until the new spring "settles" as they normally do.

That has been my past experience as well. The new spring will be stiffer than the original springs which are broken-in. It will possibly sit a little higher. It won't take it long to settle in...

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Well as soon as I put the new spring on im hooking to a 24ft car hauler for about 200 miles. Im thinking this will help the break in process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58