Broken wheel lock

odie43

Odie1450
Reaction score
that may be your only option...

i use to have a tool that i made up, it was pair of vice grips with a slide hammer attach to it, worked really well. if you can rig something like this up, to get the socket off....
How did you attach the slide hammer? It's an excellent idea!!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
do you have a 1/2" air gun that you could put on the socket and let it rip....it will come off that way! you may need to spin it until it heats up a bit and/or wears out the lug or socket so there is more slop, but if you spin it enoguh with a gun it will come off.

could you get a torch in there without damaging your rim? a little heat goes a long way!

also....if you have access to liquid nitrogen, or even propane (no smoking!!!) you could freeze the socket, it will shrink and possibly grab the nut hard enough to spin it off.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
FYI, for future refference, when using this "socket method" to remove a locking lug nut, always use a good quality impact rated socket, they are far less likely to break/split.

odie43

Odie1450
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the input, I got the socket of with a slide hammere and vise grips,and took a chisel and elbow grease to get the broken lock off. I have some gauges and chisel marks in my wheel and need to replace a stud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14