BTS tranny?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you talk to Bryan, ask him about his new toy. LOL He just got a new 2007 Shelby Mustang, and I hear it's HOT with the turbo and stick shift.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I have also been thinking about getting a BTS or a John Wood tranny. I have a questions for those that have a BTS I would like to know does Brian put any billet shafts in the trans or are they all stock shafts.

The billet shaft question, I cannot answer. But I do know this:

There was a fellow that hung out a lot over at that "other" forum that had a F-350 with a Cummins in it. He was putting out 800hp or more and doing the 1/4 in under 11.5 sec's @ over 110mph. He was putting that power to the ground through a BTS 4R100 tranny. Everytime he managed to break it, Brian would tear it down, find out what broke, why it broke and put it back together so that same thing wouldn't break again. Eventually, it got to the point where the only thing that was breaking was the custom adapter input shaft that was needed to get the Cummins to work with the Ford tranny.

So unless you plan on putting out more than 800hp, you can sleep easy. I've never been on a dyno, but I'd have to guess I'm doing somewhere around 300hp to 350hp. I haven't been able to break it yet after approx 125,000 miles.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But even if you do break it OUTSIDE of the 2 yr written warranty, BTS will fix it for you for less than what a new TC costs or so I have heard.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
He told me I have a 2 year written warranty, and after that pay the freight anmd it will be fixed. I can's say enough about mine, and with the Bullydog 6 bank chip programs, it puts the power where it needs to go.:thumbs

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He told me I have a 2 year written warranty, and after that pay the freight anmd it will be fixed. I can's say enough about mine, and with the Bullydog 6 bank chip programs, it puts the power where it needs to go.:thumbs

Now if you bought a Ford Reman and they see you have that Bullydog, they could deny warranty.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that is what I am talkin about. Service and reliabilaty are so rare to find nowadays. If I had a stock truck I would stick my tranny rebuilder in town and maybe get a few upgrades for it but it would not last as long a BTS i'm sure. Don't get me wrong my tranny guy has been great for me with my chevy 1/2 ton but now that I have a real truck I need a real tranny.:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58