built in NAV system

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Magellan that has always been pretty good about keeping me on the main highways rather than going through the less than scenic areas. It just likes to think it's on a different road than it actually is so yells at me to get back on track. My old GPS unit would guide me to to an exit ramp and then right back on the highway. If I knew where I was going I'd just ignore it but when going somewhere new I felt like an idiot exiting just to get back on the highway. That's part of the reason that one is no longer used.

The wife's Garmin started doing the.. Git off, then right back on thing.. got hold of Garmin.. they said to do the On-line Up-Dates.. at least every 60 days. I've been doing both our GPS's monthly... No More Bogus directions ?

Maybe Magellan offers the same On-line up-dates, or refreshes ?

Joe

Roland_Jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know who makes Ford's GPS stuff PB.. but on my Garmin, in the Tools & Set-up.. there's: Avoid Traffic/Avoid Congestion kinda things... we've found that selecting those options, when we get close to any towns & cities of any size.. we don't get inta the "Hoodz".

?

Don't select shortest route or unpaved roads. >8-/

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 2008, I got an update DVD from NAVTEK. There is a screen in the NAV setup section where you can set preferences, but that is extremely limited. There is only like 2 options.

I bought the new DVD because I was driving thru San Antonio and the Nav unit got lost. said there was no road and I was driving on I-10. The new DVD is a little better, but it still gets into areas where it says there is not road and I am driving on a road.

I depend on my Garmin most of the time. I plan on getting the new Rand McNally RVND 7710 unit.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I plan on getting the new Rand McNally RVND 7710 unit.

me to just finished reading a real world test of it....:sweet

back to the trucks sony nav system......this may sound weird, but i f select the BREADCRUMBS option, and lower the scale to .25
it will see roads that were not there the first trip......dont know how but it does.
then the next time if i deselect the crums and choose navigate to a spot it will pick up the old path and choose that route....even though it still shows a NO ROAD or incomplete map data area.

we were in san antonio last month and we got lost on the mission trail, using the trucks gps......it had us going down some roads that simply "no there no more":D:D which ended us up going through a few select areas, i would not venture after hours...:eek::rant

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went in to the Ford service screen for my truck. Under the list of service performed there is a list of online manual. There are 3 versions of the Pioneer Navigation System. I guess, at least mine is, manufactured by Pioneer.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64