Help Needed Bullydog advice...

painthousetexas

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You say you "can" retrieve these tags, but do, or would, you, under normal circumstances? Are you required to 'test' for tags that indicate a programmer had been installed? Are these 'tags' automatically located by your laptop or whatever when software is updated? Are you telling me not to install one, because it is inevitable that it will be found, even after a full uninstall? I am sorry to barrage you with questions, I just want to cover my bases, whether I like the answer or not.

Randy / Painthouse
www. painthousetx.com

no1fordnut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi new to this forum, but had to chime in. I have an 08 F350 CC LB 4x4 Lariat, and when I pay 35,000.00 dollars for something I'm not about to have someone, meaning Ford, tell me that I cannot modify what I own. As far as warranty voided by any aftermarket products.....My understanding is that is up to Ford to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the aftermarket product caused a Ford part to prematurely fail. If Ford was to void all warranty on someones truck because they found a supposed trace of a programmer once being installed, then the owner should take them to court, because that's bull.... On a lighter note...I absolutely love my truck and would not trade it for any other. yeah the mileage sucks, the power is ok for now, but everything has room for improvement, and improvements, meaning a custom tune & exhaust mods, it will soon get. I look forward to any comments on my point of view.....good or badhttp://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/images/icons/smile.png

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also weighed the options of "mods=mpgs" VS. "mods=voided warranty". The way I look at it, I can buy a LOT of fuel for the same amount of money that it will cost to repair a truck that has no warranty.

The aftermarket companies are certainly NOT going to tell you that if you buy their product, it will void your factory warranty. They will tell you anything to get you to buy their product, and I'm willing to bet they'd be no where near the witness stand when it came time to back you in court! You can try and fight it if you want, but Ford has a few more $$$ than most of us, and you'd just be spinning your brand new un-warranted wheels. In my opinion, knowingly voiding your warranty is just throwing away free money (and we all know what opinions are like ;tu )

Now... that being said... when MY factory warranty is up, I'll be singing a different Spartan tune and whistling turbo-doo-daa outta my DPF-less tail pipe! :lmao

Rusty74

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Give it some time and see how these parts work. Break in that motor / trans. I have 4500mi on mine and use this truck for recreation, currently I'm getting 14.6 - 15.1 MPG (hand calc) mostly hwy with two tanks and it is close to the computer on board. I'm working on the third tank of fuel now. No towing yet this season but mountain passes and heavy traffic with light to wheel spinning merges. Give it time! Oh, and I'm using Power Service with every fill up!

Last edited:

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 06 6.0L Powerstroke...still have about 30k miles lift on my warranty...dont plan on voidin it...in diesel school, the teachers did tell us that the dealers can find out that u have had a programmer on the vehicle...ill wait till my warranty iz up...then i will have my EGR taken out and anythin else done !!!

Rusty74

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is a fuel additive and you can buy it at a parts house or home / ranch supply store. It will keep the fuel from gelling and it does say it will reduce fuel consumption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58