bushings

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
to all of those who have replaced their oem sway bar link bushings w/ energy suspension style (of which i have already - but had ford press out old and press in new) i have to do it AGAIN.... they have 25k on them and are shot
just looking at the parts today and noticed the bushings have 2 part numbers - 2592 & 2593... here is the question: which one goes where or do you use 1 of each on top and bottom of the link? and anyone see whynot able to drill and tap a zirk fitting into the factory sway bar bracket to make it greasable?

thanks for responses

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, you don't grease them because it attacks the rubber..

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
End Link Bushings

well, you don't grease them because it attacks the rubber..

After hearing people discuss replacing their end link bushings with energy suspension bushings and discussing with energy suspension technicians, i went with the end links from local parts house that were ready to bolt on and came with grease zirks from the factory. I installed in about 45 minutes and lightened the wallet only about $130. Not just new bushings but new links as well. I like giving things a shot of grease every now and then. :D

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can be greased, just be sure to use a synthetic grease that doesn't have any petroleum in it. When I installed mine the other weekend, I coated the bushings in a synthetic silicone based grease before I installed them.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
JL: just rubbing it in w/ ya a bit.......:D

i know they all get greased (siliconed - cuz they send ya a little tube of it)....

i had just come across the 'greaseable' option and was throwing it out their....

as for my original question: i believe i have figured it out....the links have different sized holes on the ends so i am going to ass u me that their is a certain one that fits each end.. i also emailed energy suspension asking for some clarification and questions and was told i needed to call them...he would not email me back...:dunno

atk

Reaction score
didn`t even get a year out of my sway bar bushings....:dunno....but my end link bushins are holding up fine. replaced the bar bushings with OEM. will see how long they last....

silicone based greased will be fine, like previous stated....

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58