Buzz under dash help!!!!

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I have a 2000 F-250 7.3L 4X4 crewcab. I got in my truck this morning and the dome light had been all night. It won't shut off (except when I pull the fuse). The switch doesn't affect it. Also, when all the doors are closed (closed all the way), their is a buzzing noise coming from under the dash. To the best of my knowledge, my truck doesn't have factory keyless/alarm. With key on and with the key not in the ignition at all, both cause the buzz sound and keep the dome lights on. When I pull the fuse for the dome lights, the buzz stops and the lights turn off. Yesterday, I did spray some graphite dry film lube on the driver door latch. Maybe this disrupted something. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is a thumb wheel next to the Light Switch. Turn it a little and you should feel a click. Now try the lights with the doors closed. No idea on the buzz.

Dave

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
DaveBen,
I've turned the thumb wheel and it didn't change anything. I went out to do some troubleshooting, and could not get the noise to stay on long enough to pin point it. The fuse panel inside the truck has the accessory delay relay that was chattering some, but it was not same as what I heard earlier. After messing with it for a few minutes, I could not duplicate the problem at all. So for now, the problem is fixed. The dome light works when it should and the buzz noise is gone.

Drew

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, you have the trailer tow and electronic flasher relays below & left of the radio, plus the RPO relays are bolted to the backside of the firewall behind the plenum.. who knows what it was, but if it happens again, that's where they are...

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this problem & a buddy put WD-40 in the door switches that turn the dome lite on & solved the problem ???

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
twt,
Is the switch part of the latch mechanism on the aft side of the door?

that's a big 10-4 good buddy.. door panel takes like five minutes to get off and the switch not that much longer to change..

it's the buzzing noise that's getting me.. but.. if it ain't doing it, no sense chasing it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58