Buzz under dash help!!!!

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
The noise is back. It is coming from my interior lamp relay under the dash. P/N F57B-14B192-AA. The relay itself is buzzing. I can feel it, and as soon as I pull the relay out of the fuse box the noise stops. The noise doesn't occur unless all the doors are shut and the interior lamp thumbwheel is off. If all the doors are closed and the interior lamps are manually turned on with the thumbwheel, then the noise stops. Any comments?

Drew

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would guess you have a loose ground in the interior light circuit. When you say it is buzzing, what else is on? Radio or any lights? Or just the Interior lights?

Dave

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I would guess you have a loose ground in the interior light circuit. When you say it is buzzing, what else is on? Radio or any lights? Or just the Interior lights?

Dave

Nothing else is turned on. As soon as the interior light delay turns off (the dome light shuts off after 20 seconds or so), the buzzing noise occurs and the dome lights get very dim. With the key on, key off, or the truck running, none of this stops the buzzing noise. The only way to stop the noise is to open a door or pull the relay out. As soon as a door is opened, the buzzing stops and the dome lights go back to full bright.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the door jam switches going south ?

Open a door.. wiggle the jamb switch(s).. see if the buzz'n stops ?

:dunno

all ford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The door switchs will stick part way on. Use wd45 with a tube and spray them inside the rubber. May cure your problem. Cleared my problem that way.

BaronPFC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a similar problem with my 99 7.3L I have a buzzing noise when the doors are shut and the lights stay on unless I unplug the bottom relay. Also the power windows and the radio works without the key even being in the ignition. So I'm no expert but this doesn't sound like a door switch issue. Any suggestions? I have no check engine light on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg