But no

Just figured I would submit results as I have proceeded thru each step

Have a great one all

John from Colfax NC

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
By-Pass Engine oil & Transmission - FS2500

SUMMARY --- By-Pass filtration systems for your review & consideration --- I ultimately selected www.FS2500.com --- It's without doubt an individual choice so please find the below data my independent research --- I highly suggest each Forum member conduct their own research so at the end of the exercise you can make informed decision best suited for your particular application ---- my independent research lead me to personally at this point in time believe the FS2500 has the edge over other filtration systems on market --- However I do suggest that for long life of vehicle --- it's again my personal viewpoint that any fluid ( Coolant, Engine, Transmission ) that can be filtered eliminating large particles via FULL flow engine filter then smaller particles via By-pass all the better --- I do NOT plan to extend oil drain will stay with the 5K oil & Filter replacements to play it safe intervals even with the FS2500 installed --- Piece of mind installing to date by-pass filtration systems for Coolant & Engine ---- next is the Transmission --- plus MOST important as all senior forum members have directed me is to conduct a regular independent lab oil analysis program and monitor results / document same / compare over long term --- Hope this helps that was my ultimate goal to give something back to forum being I have received so much valuable advice from forum members to date --- its all about us freely sharing of information -- uncover all Pros & Cons conduct research so ultimately we can make our choices based on knowledge / facts ---- Thanks -- John from Colfax NC --- F250 FX4 6.0 Diesel Auto Trans Model Yr 2006

Scot

;()
Reaction score
are they PAYING YOU ??? did you recv' a discount for all this spamming your
creating ???

Look at his previous posts on other subjects, they're all LOOOOOONNNGGGGG. Some of us are slow typing-to the point people & some are John.:D I think he's updating TDS with the same info.

John, Did you do the trans filter also? or just the oil for now?

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all

Scot -- thanks for your return e-mail

At present I have only implemented the FS2500 on the Engine
-Sweet would do same again in a heartbeat
-Nice By-pass kit

However your timing couldn't be more perfect relating to Transmission By-Pass filtration system :)

-YES I purchased TWO FS2500 kits ( Engine and 5r110 Auto Trans )
-Since that time I have been corrected
-My initial understanding was the existing FORD factory filter ( Front of F250 under coolant radiator ) for Transmission was a full flow --- so my goal was to ADD the FS2500 BY-PASS to capture the smaller particles
-The correction is the existing Factory is a By-Pass filtration kit
-At present I have a question into FS2500 ( Randy Fields ) do they have a Full flow transmission filter kit ?

Bushpilot / Scot / All that view this e-mail
-Here are my thoughts / options to date
-Option 1 = Return FS2500 by pass transmission kit for 5r110 and then install Dieselsite.com FULL flow Transmission Filter kit
-Option 2 = Deactivate / remove Factory By pass filter --- then install BOTH the FS2500 bypass that I am thinking would do a much better job of filtering small particles than existing Factory by-pass PLUS install the FULL flow DieselSite.com transmission kit to capture the larger particle --- but as soon as I say larger particles isnt that what the Factory filter contained within Transmission pan is doing

Anyway your comments / alternative ideas are most welcome and appreciated in advance

Like I have been saying all along I just desire to do the best possible filtering of all fluids for long life of vehicle ---- plus reducing my probability of major Failures

John from Colfax NC

Alabama_Redneck

06 F250 6.0 4wd
Reaction score
Did you take pictures?

Hi,

I am researching attachment methods for the bypass oil filtering. Did you ever get around to taking photos of your installation?

Thanks,

AR

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good evening Alabama Redneck

Yes I did get my final configuration done as follows:

The digital Color photos that come as part of FS2500 kit far exceeds what I could take with my digital camera

I would be happy to scan the FS2500 Installation with photos if that helps

Would also note that I am very happy with FS2500 to date

Still plan to perform Oil analysis on Engine & Transmission when due

-I did return the FS2500 for Transmission being factory by-pass in place
I then installed the Diesel Site Full Flow kit
Also most pleased with this install as well

-So in summary I have following systems Filtered
Coolant Filtration by-pass kit from Diesel Site
Diesel Engine by-pass kit from FS2500
Transmission FULL flow kit from Diesel Site

jwplunkett

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good evening Alabama Redneck

Yes I did get my final configuration done as follows:

The digital Color photos that come as part of FS2500 kit far exceeds what I could take with my digital camera

I would be happy to scan the FS2500 Installation with photos if that helps

Would also note that I am very happy with FS2500 to date

Still plan to perform Oil analysis on Engine & Transmission when due

-I did return the FS2500 for Transmission being factory by-pass in place
I then installed the Diesel Site Full Flow kit
Also most pleased with this install as well

-So in summary I have following systems Filtered
Coolant Filtration by-pass kit from Diesel Site
Diesel Engine by-pass kit from FS2500
Transmission FULL flow kit from Diesel Site

Members online

No members online now.