Cab lights installed!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I would need a little nerve to start drilling holes in my truck. Probably take me 3hrs so I can make VERY sure that I marked everything right lol

Well rammer, i definitely had some help with some liquid courage. goes by the name of Busch! not too many though. it could turn out real bad then!

csarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got my cab lights delivered. I was going to use a knock out tool for the roof holes but this cost $135 at the local Lowes. I thought about just drilling, did this work ok for you and how big did you make the holes for the wiring?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or.... A Step Drill Bit.. works well too. Drill a 1/8" pilot hole.. then use the step drill.. to get to the desired diameter hole ?

:dunno

Joe

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to use a punch (the kind you push in and it "pops!!") to make an indention. That way the bit is less likely to wonder around. Then use the step-up bit....looks like a big bit with a small bit on the end.

csarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I thought about the step up bit. I think Ill pick one up and try to install this weekend. (man I hope I dont get any leaks, my buddy with the Duramax will never let me live it down if it starts leaking). Ill let you guys know how it turns out.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a factory wiring harness in every truck regardless if it came with lights from the factory?? I want to put some on mine eventually.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if there isn't factory wiring can you buy just the harness from the dealer for the lights and plug and play? I would buy the lights themselves elsewhere just curious about the wiring aspect. Could just make my own I reckon.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No wires in the roof, unless you got the lights. Like you said, you can get the harness for the roof lights at a Ford Dealer for something like $15.00.

Dave :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14