calling any/all

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
look what showed up on the side of my house today....of course while i was GONE...:rant i wanted to talk to the person.....

anyone have ideas as to why it is flashing 00000000's?

and by the way, $60 trip charge for hot tub repair man - P/L is covered - so the guy on the phone said. he also asked that i put a heater on the pump area so as it does not freeze up. he said it will only take 36 hours to do so in our temps here lately....TOO LATE:sly:doh: he said someone should be out tomorrow or friday...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
but i guess that was my point....i was obviously using the computer at that time, the furnace fan was running (24/7), lites on in house, fridges on and running, clocks plugged in........it should have registered SOMETHING!! and it has, it is up to 10 now at 6 pm.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwhr is alot of power consider that the furnace fan will likely not pull more than 5-7 no more than 10 amps likely much lower, your computer will pull very low amps, lights are very little.

Some quick theoretical math here watts=voltsXAmps

fan 10 amps X 115V = 1150W
Lights 10 60W bulbs = 600 W
computer 5Amps X 115 V = 575W
Fridge 3Amps X 115 (intermittent pull usually less than 20% duty cycle) 345W

Per hour total 2.6Kw Now realize that everything I guesstimated is way over and at full consumption.

My powerbill is usually between 4-700kwh/ month with 720 hours in a 30 day month that is a realistic use of less than 1kw use per hour and that is on a total electric house.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
My powerbill is usually between 4-700kwh/ month with 720 hours in a 30 day month that is a realistic use of less than 1kw use per hour and that is on a total electric house.

i would agree w/ this style statement...albeit every homeowner's usage would vary...as i say mine should prolly be around the 700-800 range. last months tho was 3200...:rant:eek::eek::rant:dunno

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Congrats on the new meter!!!

just like you said, no testing just replacement. now it has to wait for a certain number of meters 'come back' before they all get shipped off 'to be tested'....
wasn't even 2 days after i called that they came to replace. when she told me 30 days...:rant:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any news from the electrical front or are you still burning through the juice like it's going out of fashion?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
wweeelllll-

no news is good news - as they say....

now that the furnace and hot tub (is up and running) and are both running properly - have i been able to conduct accurate readings on the 'new' meter. seems to be using 20 kw/h every 12 hours....:dunno is that good or bad??????? who knows - to each his own.... but that is what the house is operating at.

as for the 'old' meter and its results: elec. co lady said it has to wait to go into testing. when is that, when will i get the results..... WHO THE HE__ KNOWs, she tells me...:eek::dizzy

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What temp do you have the hot tub set at? Is it heated electrically? If it is set at normal temps around 100F and electrically heated then it will be sucking power down quickly and could easily account for the power consumption. If you are not using the hot tub then drop the temps down to 50 or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58