Calling it a day

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, about the leak, but glad to hear you are impressed with the new pump. How long do you figure you have in the installation? I would love to put one in my truck, but the piggy bank doesn't agree. Maybe in the future...:innocent

dpantazis

Reaction score
so are we going to christen the truck as the Exxon UP?

glad you got it going. you air force boys are always impressive, i never have kitty litter or oil-dry on hand when i need it. :thumbs

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
you air force boys are always impressive, i never have kitty litter or oil-dry on hand when i need it. :thumbs

I didn't either.:rolleyes:
I had to go get some Papa Murphy's for supper. :innocent As long as I was going to town, I thought I'd pick up some oil-dry.

But all that wasn't everything that went bad today. I lowered the garage door on an object that shouldn't have been there. :doh::doh: The top of the door where the door opener is attached got all "F"ed up. I spent about 2 or 3 hours beating everything back into an approximate shape resembling what it was supposed to look like.

Guess I spent about 6 hours installing the Adrenaline HPOP. If a person has done a few HPOP's before, I'm sure it'd take less time. I've had the fuel filter housing out before, so that was a help. Some folks may take more time. But I'd say between an afternoon and a day.

To bad I didn't have previous experience installing gaskets. :doh::lmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Ok, here is where I sit with my various options:

A) Order a new gasket from the local dealer, which will not get here until Tuesday & cancel this weekends camping trip.

B) Drive to Green Bay & back @ 170 miles or 3 1/2 hours each way to get a $6 part, and go camping tomorrow.

C) Call Dieselsite and have them send another gasket, overnite UPS with a Saturday morning delivery. That shipping will be about $40 for a $6 part. Put it in and go camping on Saturday afternoon.

Post your choice and I'll let you know what choice I made later. :D:D

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would:

A) Get the $6 dollar part on Tuesday and spend the weekend driving the Lay-Z-Boy in front of the bigscreen!!!!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
A) Order a new gasket from the local dealer, which will not get here until Tuesday & move the lazy boy to the back yard.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
AND THE ANSWER IS--------------
(Drum Roll)

"C"
Call Dieselsite and have them send another gasket, overnite UPS with a Saturday morning delivery. That shipping will be about $40 for a $6 part. Put it in and go camping on Saturday afternoon.
We're into June and are really anxious to get the camper out for the first time this year. Besides Mrs TG has a three day weekend which only comes around about every 5 to 6 weeks. So I gotta give it my damedest to get it running so we can take advantage of the opportunity to get out to the campground.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14