Question Can I swap my V10 for a diesel??????

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time you buy the motor and pay for the install, flush the tank and run the lines necessary and that is just to name a few, I think you would be further ahead selling what you have and buying what you want. That is, unless you have a donor truck and time doesn't mean a thing.

x2

I think you even have to change the fuel tank because the pump or something is in the tank. You could take that 3,000 for the cummins swap kit, put it to boot your truck and get a very decent truck

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've put my truck up for sale in the local classifieds just to see what happens. And I'm currently searching the classifieds for a diesel in good shape and for the right price. Hopefully everything will work out well. Wish me luck.;tu

HeavyDutyKing

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was looking at doing the same thing, I have an 06 V-10 with 38K on it. Don't use it for work since I got a company truck that I can use anytime I need to, contacted one of the above mentioned sites and from all respects if you don't have a engine, your looking at 12,500 to 13,000 for engine and labor. Talked to the wife and she thought I was nutz, just get a new truck with a diesel if thats what you want. But then I started to look at 4X4 vans and thats another story!

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've officially sold my V10 Super Duty and now the serious diesel shopping will begin. Kind of bitter sweet. :( I will miss my truck, but I'm looking forward to getting my first diesel. Wish me luck....;tu

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've officially sold my V10 Super Duty and now the serious diesel shopping will begin. Kind of bitter sweet. :( I will miss my truck, but I'm looking forward to getting my first diesel. Wish me luck....;tu

I'm not even the one buying a diesel and I'm excited:D . Good Luck

MiRatlhed

Anger Mgt.
Reaction score
I shopped around for a good Super Duty with a Diesel in it for almost 2 weeks and looked at a couple hundred trucks online within the tri state area and I just about struck out with no luck in my price range. I was looking to spend a cap of $20K and I was only finding trucks with really low miles and $30K range or really really high miles 300K plus so the middle was just not being found.

I lucked out and got my 2004 F350 Crew Cab FX4 6.0L with 116,700 for $17,900, things runs and drive flawlessly. Really helps me out reading here on the forum too that guys telling you that a truck with 150,000 miles is still low! That was hard to get that into my mindset about a Diesel as this was my first.

So I will say just do not settle for less until you find the truck you really want. I almost went and looked at a Ext. cab but it was a work truck and nothing fancy but it did have the engine I wanted and it was a 1 Ton. Then I found this one and it is loaded, plus I like the bucket seats and power being 6'6" tall it really helps to be able to get the seat up and back more than a bench seat.

Good luck on the search man!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
all I'm gonna say, is buy an F350 with a Lariat, King Ranch or Harley package on it..
the higher trim line trucks hold their value better

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14