CAN the 6.0 run on biodiesel?

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Houndog said:
If I owned a 7.3 or especially a 6.0 and thought I would wake up one day, decide to make some fuel out of waste grease, and then throw it in the tank of my $50,000 truck that night - I'd need to have my head examined.

Now - if I've learned how to take that grease and get a GOOD COMPLETE reaction, washed it, dried it, really understood what I was doing, and in a perfect world, had been refining my fuel making ability on a less expensive vehicle for a year or so and when I held it up to the sunlight, it looked like apple juice - then ABSOLUTELY !

Neither Ford, GM, VW, Mercedes or any other manufacturer is going to give their blessings to run some unorthodox fuel in their diesel engines. Looking at it from their perspective, I can't say that I blame them. A few of the commercial biodiesel outfits have proven themselves to make really crummy fuel so just because it's "commercial" doesn't mean it is worth a damn. Most of the time that could mean it's worse. Then there are thousands of people running out and buying fuelmeisters or some other cokamamie contraptions and dumping that in their very sensitive PCM controlled everything vehicles. I wouldn't want to warranty that either. I fear that we're in for some horror stories and will hear about some major repair bills due to some of the goo people will dump in their tank. Unfortunately with the high price of fuel, some folks will throw all caution to the wind to save a buck.

Houndog
Hounddog You have very good points here. Those out there just running out and grabbing WVO and paying for the stuff to make Bio are going to mess up. and give a bad name to those that have been doing it for some time with no problems. I run WVO, I bought a cheep MB to run the experiment, Figured if I messed up the MB my truck is safe, I have over 11,000 miles on the MB running WVO not bio-diesel. I research over a year before I did the MB. Now my PSD is converted to WVO and it took 2 years research. There is the savings but also one has to understand that it is EXPERIMENTAL, problems can happen. Main thing is the quality of oil, how refined you get the oil, and don't get in a hurry. I am going to start making Bio- and I will experiment in my MB first. Then move it to the PSD.

Hoss 350 - I believe you will never see the car companies agreeing to Bio. I believe the car and oil companies are in bed together and each one profits the other. They don't want bio because it helps the farmers out and NOT the oil companies. They want you to believe that they are trying, so they say B5 or B20 you can install but not higher then that. It has been all over some forums that the Bio is in a way better for your injectors due to the high lubricity of the oil. I have read what you have stated above on another fourm but don't really know their outcome on polymerizing on the injectors, I do know if you don't change your oil on the regular basis the engine oil could start to polymize due to the veg oil. but not sure with Bio if that can occur. All I know is that my truck runs smoother running on WVO then diesel. If you decide to make it do tons of research find the best way ask people that have been doing it for years or have thousands of miles on their trucks.

As far as the 6.0 there is a question that you cannot run SVO or WVO alone in it but there are those that are working on the right way to do it. And there are those that are running bio in them now.

SUPERDUTYSPV

Ford Fan
Reaction score
I got my response from Ford, and at this time, I am UNWILLING to run it in my truck! I just can't afford to take the chance to do something that might hurt my engine and/or have Ford void my warrantee!! I LOVE my truck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58