Can't understand these young people..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We took a trip Redding-Lassen Park-Mineral-Red Bluff-Redding.
We saw numerous 4x4 mini-trucks, with dried mud up past the windows. It seems that the young kids think it is a badge of courage to drive their trucks caked with mud, hardly able to see out the windows.
On the other hand, I make it a ritual, when I arrive home from a trip, to get my cleaning kit out and clean the vehicle of bugs, road tar, mud etc. It takes about 45 minutes, and vehicle is ready to go again, and nice and clean.
Also, seems that the young kids like to tear up the vehicle jumping mud holes. This tells me that either dad bought the truck, or someone gave it to them. If they had to pay for it, they would not want to tear it up.
I guess it is the generation of no respect. No respect for people or things.
Not all kids are like this, many are very responsible. I blame the parents for not giving them an attitude adjustment.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think you are right, they did not pay for the truck and they don't care. I have seen this in my everyday experiences.

Dave

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess they wouldn't understand why you buff up your truck after you go for a little road trip. These are things that some people like, young and old ( in my town anyway) and if you like doing that then thats what you are gonna do. And not every young kid with a vehicle caked with mud had mommy and daddy buy it for them. I have never had anything handed to me buy my parents but an already beat up old nissan truck previosly used for work. Every vehicle I have had I have taken off road, and every vehicle I have had If I broke something I paid for the damages not mom and dad.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've always thought that those muddy trucks were thought of as a status symbol by their owners. The muddier the better.
cookoo.gif
:rolleyes: Must be a Gen-X thing or something.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the way i see it is the more mud the more fun that guy had.i cant wait to take my suburban offroad.only reason i havent done it yet is cuz the wheels and tires belong to my buddy.he wanted the 20s off it so he stuck his stockers on it for now.he is supposed to be buying me a set of stockers for it and then im off to find some mud.same with my quad.i bought it myself payed $6,000 cash for it and im not happy till there is 4 inches of mud caked on the fenders.:thumbs

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then again, I can remember my parents saying the same things about me that I say about my kids. I have had my dad tell me (he is nearly 80) that his parents also said the same things. I think that it is a generational thing. I have to admit that I am supremely jealous of some of the innate gifts that I see in youth of today.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is how it is here is my neighborhood. Young kids with mommy and daddys money that have no respect for the things that have been given to them. It is sad. They will never understand the true meaning of a dollar.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Most of the time I can't understand young people but in the case of a mud caked truck I can relate. My first rig was a 1967 Datsun truck that I purchased with my hard earned cash. Even though it was a 2wd I put a body lift on the truck along with some big mud tires and every weekend me and my buddy's would be out playing in the mud. I would clean the truck up between outings but mudding is what we did. My next truck was a brand new 1985 GMC S15 and it was also treated to big mud tires and a weekly dip in the mud. Playing in the mud is just what boys do. Boys also grow up as my current 1996 has never been in the mud since the day it was new except for a few trips up the Alcan. Nowadays I get accused of washing the wax off my truck and toys but I do still remember the good old days of splashing through the mud.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
damn kids nowadays... first they have mud on their trucks, next thing you know, they're runnin' thru your yard...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58