Can't understand these young people..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't disagree with you there.....my point is not what your saying because your right about making decisions....but on the other hand there are parents out there that allow these kinds of actions from day one...thats what im saying.
Yes, there are responsibility issues with people of all ages.
Have a great Memorial day. :)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I can remember being 17-18 years old and taking my Jeep into the woods, driving thru mud holes, all that stuff. I certainly can see were a young man would not only have fun doing this, but show off a little with the mud and crap all over the truck. I think the older set here may need to turn back the hands of time and remember being full of p**s and vinegar and enjoying that kind of thing. I still love to take my Polaris out in the mud and get dirty. Whats so wrong with that? -popcorn

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is the point that Maxtor was making. Going out into the mud is fun, but driving around all week with mud caked all over your truck???? I still enjoy doing that sort of thing, but I clean up afterwards.

Dave

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Been There Done That! :)
And Yes, I am part of Gen X :)

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - 05-03-2002 Shiloh Ridge Round 1

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - 10-11-2002 Shiloh Ridge Round 2

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - 04-11-2003 Shiloh Ridge Round 3

normal_mvc-2510.jpg

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is the point that Maxtor was making. Going out into the mud is fun, but driving around all week with mud caked all over your truck???? I still enjoy doing that sort of thing, but I clean up afterwards.

Dave

Dave, you are right... You can enjoy your activity, clean it up, and go on with your business, but don't trash your truck for the fun of it. What I pointed out was that some young people who destroyed their truck for the fun of it, probably do it because they did not have to pay for the truck.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - 10-11-2002 Shiloh Ridge Round 2

North Texas Power Stroke Association Photo Gallery - 04-11-2003 Shiloh Ridge Round 3

Hmmmm
I see mud, but no dents, so your good.
BUT I would not do that to my truck, unless I purchased a special truck to do mud bogging with. "not my everyday truck".
I like going off road to check out old ghost towns, and you can run into some messy situations, but to take a truck or vehicle out just to see how much mud you can put on it... I can not understand that.
I guess it has been to long since I was a teenager.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Naaa, mostly just mud and some scratches but nothing major.

I have broke many thing playing around, but i drive the truck everyday.

It is allways a blast! :)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you guys watched EXTREME 4X4 on T.V. ?
They take purpose built vehicles and crawl up rocks and creeks. They normally break something, but that is what they do to have fun. Their vehicles are made just for that activity.
If you take your daily driver and jump hills, when it comes down, tie rods bend, bad things happen to the suspension, tires, wheels, etc.
Have you ever seen a female drive over a speed bump at 30 mph, and wonder why she needs a alignment, and her shocks need replacing.
The point I am trying to make is that it amazing to me to see people destroy their main means of transportation, when they could build something specific to have fun with.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I would rather do it in my OBS PSD any day than anything else! ;)

These trucks are VERY capable of doing ALOT of things and I know, I have done ALOT!

My Truck is far from a 1 use vehicle, I like to consider it a MULTI-purpose built vehicle! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14