Cat-con in or out !!!!!!!

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct that there is no way they legally could. Problem is, it is up to you to prove it had no effect. Even with the financial straights Ford is in, I think that they can afford to drag it on much longer than you or I can, in a legal battle. At least long enough that it would not justify the cost of the fight.

your right, they have more $$$$ than you and I and this whole forum have together, also a whole clan of lawyers.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI Scooter, I feel FORD is holding me HOSTAGE !!! If I remove the POLLUTION junk, my engine warranty is void, If I don't do anything the GAS COMPANY will be RAPING me.

What I'd suggest would be to feel out your local dealer, should the need for service arise. Some of these dealers are cool with aftermarket mods, even exhaust and stuff. Some dealers will be like the soup nazi and turn you away. Its 50/50, if I had the parts lying around in my garage with no where to go, you bet I'd be putting them on my truck as we speak. If you were to do that, I'd also suggest if you dont already doing your own routine maintenence that you can at home so the dealer cant and wont snoop around.

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'd suggest would be to feel out your local dealer, should the need for service arise. Some of these dealers are cool with aftermarket mods, even exhaust and stuff. Some dealers will be like the soup nazi and turn you away. Its 50/50, if I had the parts lying around in my garage with no where to go, you bet I'd be putting them on my truck as we speak. If you were to do that, I'd also suggest if you dont already doing your own routine maintenence that you can at home so the dealer cant and wont snoop around.

I'm planning on doing my own oil change, I heard that if you hook up a programmer to your truck, FORD will know when you take your truck to the DEALER, any truth to this ????

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some programs wont leave traces, some will not. you will have to do the research on what brands will/will not. When I had my duramax, i had an edge juice/attitude and the dealer never said anything and did anything. I dont know if they "flagged" the truck but i never had any powertrain warranty claims. just use your judgement, mods make these trucks crazy fun. just my .02

gunman41mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some programs wont leave traces, some will not. you will have to do the research on what brands will/will not. When I had my duramax, i had an edge juice/attitude and the dealer never said anything and did anything. I dont know if they "flagged" the truck but i never had any powertrain warranty claims. just use your judgement, mods make these trucks crazy fun. just my .02

HI hdjeff, I have never seen FORD so aggresive to void a warranty in the past as they are now !!!:dunno

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all comes down the the dollar bill, like almost everything in this world. But like stated before legally they cant void an entire warranty, only the modified part and related parts should something go wrong. Ford would most likely tie it up in court and exhaust your resources so you withdraw the claim. Find a good dealer and get to know the service people and most of the time this can be avoided.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
as of late, companies need to stop the hemorrhaging of cash through the warranty dept. mercedes just told us that they are no longer paying us for our diagnostic time for warranty repairs. they are paying flat rate to change the defective part only.

they will do just about anything to make it customer pay!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58