CAT Diesel

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I planning on running my 6.0L for 300+k miles, and when the time comes, im would like to drop a new engine into it. Has there ever been a F250/350 with a CAT diesel put in, and is there one that would fit into a 2004 F250. My truck is a highway truck and I would love a highway CAT in there one day.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would too. Cat diesels are all six cylinder models. The 3208 is no longer used in any vehicle that I know of. So the six's would be too long ( the ones that develop any good power that is). I just don't think they would fit, but I have never measured one, so...

Dave

Last edited:

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you got it to fit it would be heavy.......... we got a 3208 in a dump truck at the pit i love that motor. She's a tank, not real fast but you'll get there every time

Last edited:

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The c-7 would probably fit, but they aint no powerhouse. I would rather get one of the older 3126, they are a little more reliable, and can get em non-electronic, easier swap.

cubalz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That truck would just chug along like a locomotive. My Son is always talking about putting a CAT in his Dodge Dually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58