Cat or Muffler delete ?

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Muffler shop said you wont notice cat delete, but will notice muffler delete. For 35-45 dollars maybe Ill try.............. Any thoughts? Better EGTs?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
you notice a bit of performance improvement by removeing the cat and you will also see a fairly decent drop in EGTs.well worth the time to get rid of it.muffler delete isnt as noticeable though.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome Shadow, how loud? Everyone says cat delete is the way to go. I'm not hell bent on max power but really want to lower egts. 04 built in sep of 03 I'd love to hear more turbo whistle without obnoxious exaust.

Shadow_Grey

Comfortably Numb
Reaction score
Greatest Nation on Earth! You don't like it, LEAVE
It's not really too bad. Quite mellow till you really get on it. Then it will bark out. The real thing is the idle...when you first start you hear the low rumble about 3-4 seconds after the turbo spools up and you here the whooshing of the turbo. Sets it apart from all the others.

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not really too bad. Quite mellow till you really get on it. Then it will bark out. The real thing is the idle...when you first start you hear the low rumble about 3-4 seconds after the turbo spools up and you here the whooshing of the turbo. Sets it apart from all the others.

Gotta agree with Shadown Grey about the whooshing of the turbo at idle. If you have the High Idle Setup, it only gets louder and higher pitched :cool: , the Beast remains quiet until you put your foot into it while driving. Kitty is gone :sweet which sounds great. I'm running the MBRP 4" dual setup and now consider the muffler delete option. Any vendors on-line with a "MBRP Cool Dual Muffler Delete" ?

Merry Christmas :wave

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bullydog 4 inch dual system on my truck and I am also considering the muffler delete option. I was going to use the MBRP muffler delete pipe. I found one on Black cloud diesels website. (blackclouddiesel.com) They apparently offer it in stainless or aluminized steel.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep when we dropped the cat egts fell away as well
i need to drop mbrp muffler off now, i am getting harder of hearing it rumble :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58