Cat or Muffler delete ?

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Large plumes of Black Smoke clouding-up the view from the rear view mirror. If it does smell different, I haven't stuck around to know :roflmao :laugh

Seriously though, I haven't been able to tell the difference...:sly

I'm all for boostin a little power, but don't want to obscure my view of the poe-lease cruisin up behind me. :chp Does it cause any noticable difference in exhaust? I'm taking the above as a no?

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
I've also never really been much of a cat lover (I do love to swerve at them sometimes :sly )... but I checked the link and it says for off-road use only. I don't have to get a diesel smogged here in CA...yet...but would this cause warranty issues too?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes it will cause warranty issues. California will be checking for cats in the future. If you remove it, keep it caged.

Dave

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep lose the cat! their no good! but definately keep it and be prepared to put it back on if needed! and those 6.0's sound awesome with straight pipe!!

My427stang

USAF Lunatic
Reaction score
Got me a CAT delete pipe....... :)

Hope to get out of work before dark one of these days!

How's it sound with the stock muffler in place? can you tell its gone?

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you find shops that will delete the cat? Or is this a home-doable project? Near as I can remember from the last time I was under my truck, the exhaust was pretty much welded from one end to the other. Don't recall looking specifically at the cat, though.

Thanks,

Al

Fine69

Reaction score
You can order a cat delete pipe from several site sponsors,I know ITP Diesel sells one. They make them for stock exhaust systems, and MBRP makes a pipe for their aftermarket kits. My 05 the factory exhaust came off no problem. It wasn't welded, it was clamped just like any other system you would see. The worst part was taking the tailpipe out in one piece. The downpipe I cut with a sawzall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14