Catalytic coverters 6.0l?

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Catalytic converters all bolt up the same on the 6.0l trucks? 3.5" Slip joint on the muffler and 2 bolt ball socket flange on the downpipe?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
What catalytic converter??? :sly

I guess mine disappeared somewhere along the line...:D

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One would believe so. Not completely positive. Why?

I searched all over the net and could not find anyone that makes a simple cat delete/off road pipe. It takes 5 minutes to take it off and would be nice if someone made a factory fit pipe to go in its place. Not everyone wants to put full turbo back exhausts on their trucks, apparently most companies sell the downpipe and the cat delete pipe together. I think I might just build one out of all 304 stainless and have it a 5 minute direct install. It just would be nice to know if what I make will fit all 6.0l trucks.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i dont know where you looked...MBRP has one and DPPI sells
it ! its been available since the 6.0L was introduced !

I searched all over the net and could not find anyone that makes a simple cat delete/off road pipe. It takes 5 minutes to take it off and would be nice if someone made a factory fit pipe to go in its place. Not everyone wants to put full turbo back exhausts on their trucks, apparently most companies sell the downpipe and the cat delete pipe together. I think I might just build one out of all 304 stainless and have it a 5 minute direct install. It just would be nice to know if what I make will fit all 6.0l trucks.

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
man i dont know where you looked...MBRP has one and DPPI sells
it ! its been available since the 6.0L was introduced !
This is the part description off the site.....

For those customers that use their truck in off road events we also have a catalytic converter test/delete pipe. It slips in place of the original equipment converter and installs onto the MBRP down pipe. The MBRP converter test/delete pipe is designed to replace the original equipment catalytic converter """only on MBRP turbo back exhaust systems""". The replacement converter test/delete pipe is designed for racing purposes and is intended for off road use only. Check your local and State laws to be sure.

The pictures of the part definately wont delete my cat, I have a Ball Socket and a 45 degree angle on my stock cat. That one looks like its a flat flange that uses a gasket? I am talking about deleting the CAT ONLY and using the stock downpipe and mufflers.

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The muffler delete pipe doesnt have the 45 degree bend or the ball socket. I know I could just hack the cat directly after the bend and put a 3.5" pipe in place of it. Then connect one end with a band clamp and the other will go into the slip joint. If I found out that every 6.0l truck had the exact same fitment of the cat I would make factory exhaust style cat deletes. Those would be for the people that dont want to put a big exhaust on but would like to VERY easily remove the most restrictive part of the system and be able to put it back on if needed.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Just go for the MBRP down pipe and cat delete, that's what I did, well worth the lower EGT's and nice whistle :sweet

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The muffler delete pipe doesnt have the 45 degree bend or the ball socket. I know I could just hack the cat directly after the bend and put a 3.5" pipe in place of it. Then connect one end with a band clamp and the other will go into the slip joint. If I found out that every 6.0l truck had the exact same fitment of the cat I would make factory exhaust style cat deletes. Those would be for the people that dont want to put a big exhaust on but would like to VERY easily remove the most restrictive part of the system and be able to put it back on if needed.

so you just trying to find away to take the cat out (without screwing with the down-pipe) but you want it to be easy and take no time.....unfortunately your right (they don't make that...unless your very quick and good with a welder)-----don't see that happening quickly "believe me"......i don't know what to tell ya except find someone that is good enough to weld on your new pipe right after the bend....that is easier than replacing the whole down pipe......i don't know maybe someone else has a better idea....sorry i couldn't help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg