Catalytic coverters 6.0l?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the part description off the site.....

For those customers that use their truck in off road events we also have a catalytic converter test/delete pipe. It slips in place of the original equipment converter and installs onto the MBRP down pipe. The MBRP converter test/delete pipe is designed to replace the original equipment catalytic converter """only on MBRP turbo back exhaust systems""". The replacement converter test/delete pipe is designed for racing purposes and is intended for off road use only. Check your local and State laws to be sure.

The pictures of the part definately wont delete my cat, I have a Ball Socket and a 45 degree angle on my stock cat. That one looks like its a flat flange that uses a gasket? I am talking about deleting the CAT ONLY and using the stock downpipe and mufflers.

fill out your profile...what year truck do you have ?

if you have a 6.0L and your cat has a 45* bend in it then you dont
have a STOCK cat ! take a photo of your cat...it sounds like NOTHING
ive seen on any 6.0L

this cat delete pipe from mbrp WILL fit the stock (OE) down pipe &
replace the stock (OE) cat (ive used it on 6.0L trucks w/ the OE
DOWN PIPE & OE CAT...and ive used it on 6.0L trucks w/ after
market systems...both mbrp and others)

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just trying to find away to take the cat out (without screwing with the down-pipe) but you want it to be easy and take no time.....unfortunately your right (they don't make that...unless your very quick and good with a welder)-----don't see that happening quickly "believe me"......i don't know what to tell ya except find someone that is good enough to weld on your new pipe right after the bend....that is easier than replacing the whole down pipe......i don't know maybe someone else has a better idea....sorry i couldn't help

they ABSOLUTELY DO make it, its avail. from mbrp & dppi....their
cat delete pipe will fit an entirely STOCK / OE system...doest muck
w/ the down pipe at all.

dropping the cat is easy (2 bolts @ the flange & a pipe clamp...remove those
and re-use) the cat delete pipe is the same LENGTH as the OE cat...
no cutting required.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
they ABSOLUTELY DO make it, its avail. from mbrp & dppi....their
cat delete pipe will fit an entirely STOCK / OE system...doest muck
w/ the down pipe at all.

dropping the cat is easy (2 bolts @ the flange & a pipe clamp...remove those
and re-use) the cat delete pipe is the same LENGTH as the OE cat...
no cutting required.

I shouldn't have said anything....i don't know enough....the websites i've read DO mention that their cat deletes are for their systems.....but for me deleting the cat and muffler was as simple as purchasing a strait pipe to go from the begining of the cat to the end of the muffler...cutting what i didn't want off....welding her in and being done....but i see what your saying.

P.S. thanks for the recomendation on the Viper alarm system...got it installed thursday...works great:thanks

Cannon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im going to pull mine off this week and take pictures of it. The only part that looks different than the aftermarket ones is the ball socket end that goes to the downpipe.

Reaction score
Second on bush's description i've never seen a 45 degree bend or a ball socket thingy. Just undo the two bolts and a clamp and it falls right out.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.0 didn't have a ball and socket on the entire system, old or new exhaust. Sounds like somebody done changed somethin'.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cat has been "sleeping" in the garage since 3 weeks after I got the truck. The DPPI exhaust I have didn't have the provision for a cat. Keith

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cannon - share w/ us...did you buy your truck new ? what year is it ?
it is a 6.0L right ? (2003-2007) ?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he's talking about is the joint from the down pipe to the cat, and it is a ball and socket kind of arrangement, but it doesn't have a lot of range of movement. I'm not gonna get into the mess I had putting mine on. yeah I paid 40 bucks for it or whatever, but the direct replacement pipe was later described as for the after market system that was never really designed to be used with the factory exhaust. aside from the fact that the hanger is on top of the pipe and the factory one is on the bottom is a completely different issue. After several emails back and forth to DPPI, I finally said the hell with it and am living with it until I have time to go under there with a micrometer to make sure everything is perfect because apparently that's what it has to be to fit. If it was a local shop, I'd have taken it back.

I dunno, maybe something in my angles is off, but I still can't figure out why the hanger is on the other side of the pipe. Get one beat it into place, and let God sort it out. Good luck man. It does make a difference in sound, but I can't honestly say it made any difference in power in stock trim. I dragged a bone stock 07, and I pulled him one truck length out of the hole and after that I might as well been racing my shadow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg