CCV mod question

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt wanna hyjack another guys thread! I was wondering if anyone had routed their CCV mod into the exhaust or if that was even possible.:dunno

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any idea how they did it. I wonder if it made much difference with the fumes?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Several years ago, many were welding a fitting onto the exhaust, at an angel so the flow would pull the CCV fumes out.... Havent heard to much about it lately. Maybe Someone will chime in ?

:dunno

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere, I think it was here, that if the CCV was plumbed into the exhaust it caused too much back pressure, which did not allow the crankcase to vent properly. I have been looking for the post but can't seem to find it. I ran my hose just past the fuel tank and wish I had ran it all the way to the back as the fumes smell BAD!!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
how much blowby are you guys getting? I want to do this but dont want a huge cloud coming out from underneath on a constant basis.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere, I think it was here, that if the CCV was plumbed into the exhaust it caused too much back pressure, which did not allow the crankcase to vent properly. I have been looking for the post but can't seem to find it. I ran my hose just past the fuel tank and wish I had ran it all the way to the back as the fumes smell BAD!!!
Thats what I was wondering about was if it would still vent properly if it was in the exhaust. I KNOW what happens when it dont!:doh: I also thought it was like joe said and that it might pull the fumes in like a vacuum, with it at an angle. If I cant figure out a way to do it I'm gonna buy some more hose and fitting and run it out the back somewhere. As far as how much mine smokes...it seems like when I tow its worse, its usually not a big plume of smoke but it does stink. I'm still glad I did the mod though!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Below is a picture of the CCV kit that I bought. This is not a picture of my truck, but the same system that I installed on mine.

Just gives you an idea of what you can do, and it will work on the 7.3 or 6.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58