CCV mod question

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you not just skip the hose to the air intake and just let it vent to atmosphere after the filter/canister? Or is there still too much smell?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Can you not just skip the hose to the air intake and just let it vent to atmosphere after the filter/canister? Or is there still too much smell?

I guess you could skip the return line to the air intake, but I hear the smell is terrible.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks guys! I hadnt though about returning it to the air intake like that. Just gotta make me a canister, I got some foam stuff I can use. Oh yeah and find my plastic piece:dizzy to put it back in the intake!

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just happened to be in Lowes today and started looking at stuff to make a canister and before I knew it I was walking around with all the stuff in my hand so I just had to buy it!:lmao I found some HVAC vent filters that I figure would work pretty good in it(not restrictive enough to cause problems). Finally gonna get around to shimming the FPR, updating my CCV and hopefully installing my wicked wheel! Got all the stuff to make the canister and the line to return it to the intake for $30. Looks like the weather is gonna suck for fishin and not gonna hafta move cattle so its a MOD weekend! By the way, the smell of the fumes if vented to the atmosphere is pretty bad. The smell really draws attention from other people!

Last edited:

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the canister made. Here is some pics. I'll keep yall posted on how it works out. Pay no attention to the wires beside it. (gotta refab that bracket to:D)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look'n good ;tu ;tu

Very inovative thinking 0n Your part.:sweet

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe! Just hope the vent filters are not to restrictive.

If you find that they are ? I used the 1/4" thick filter media used for a window A/C unit. The [course], oil resistant stuff (Home Depot)

The original disks I made have been in mine for 4-5 years and still work Very well. NO breakdown at all.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pull them out and check them this weekend to see what they are looking like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14