Changing Injectors -

towcat

mouse hunter
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
with over 200k on the engine there may be more to the smokin than injectors?
200k on a IDI is nothing. Just getting broken in. Unless if the rings have been washed down. Then all bets are off. I am concerned with the reports of the gunked up injectors. that is a clear indication of the copper washers not doing their job and the compression gasses have gotten through. more infor needed.

Reaction score
towcat said:
200k on a IDI is nothing. Just getting broken in. Unless if the rings have been washed down. Then all bets are off. I am concerned with the reports of the gunked up injectors. that is a clear indication of the copper washers not doing their job and the compression gasses have gotten through. more infor needed.

Currently the truck will not start. I got the truck started when we got done and he drove it home. Next morning it would not start. We did break the glow plug relay when taking it off and I was sold just the relay part. It did not look exactly like what was on there - but we put it on anyway. Weds. I bought a complete deal from the dealer and sent that over - he installed it - still no start. He also said that it was still smoking - and it smoked a ton after we got done - more than before we started.

I'm going over to his house in the morning to see what's up with it and if I can get it going. In addition to the injectors - we replaced all the caps and hoses. I cut and put all of those together myself - building them off the old ones. Due to time constraints - he did one side while I did the other - so I will recheck everything from start to finish to make sure we didn't forget and/or miss anything.

I did buy a new fuel filter for it that needs to be put on also.

So if anyone has anything - tips or suggestions of what/where to look - let me know.

I haven't sent the old injectors back yet - will see if I can't get a few pics of them.

Thanks,

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58