Chips/ Tuners

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot of good about Jody Tipton's programs.... I would love to have him play around with mine to stop some of the smoking issues I have in the 100hp and 125hp settings....

But since money has been tight lately I can't play...

I run a Dieselinnovation 4 posistion chip.... Other than an ungodly amount of smoke in the 125hp setting it is awesome. Actually the smoke isn't to bad once the turbo spools up. But from a dead stop it looks like I'm fogging for skeeters... :D

Dave Lott has a very nice chip... the difference between his 75hp setting and the 80hp Superchip that I was running is a night and day difference. The 100hp setting is were I keep it all the time... temps are managable and it's not to bad with smoking. In the 100hp setting I can burn the tires off when taking off and chirp them jumping into second. And that is with an automatic. I am very happy with the chip. :thumbs

Last edited:

imtheway

The New Guy
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
welcome, do you have a powerstroke? try adding your signature. I use a superchips, it was my entry into programmimg world, I will be switching to a flipable chip soon.

i know im retarded on this website....what is a signature?

imtheway

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imtheway said:
i know im retarded on this website....what is a signature?

imtheway
A signature is a little message that will show on all your posts. Kinda like a little custom message. Most use this area to list the year and model of their trucks plus any mods done to it. It makes it easier for people to give you answers on any questions you may have. You can add or edit your signature under the heading User CP at the top of the page.

Mike

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:

an aquiantance at another site put powerpup with outlook, afe stage II, and 4" exuast on his truck and did this:
"The 05 put down 360 hp 630 tq! Not quite what I expected but still decent!"
those numbers are from a local dyno day. pm me I'll give you a way to contact him, it's been on truck for a month, so he should have a good feel for it by now.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
360 & 630 don't seem to match up....
@ 360 HP he should be in the high 600 or low 700 for torque iirc...

Given that the stock trucks typically put down about 275 rwhp... is 360 a lot of gain ????
just curious :) since I have a new 05 and NEED to chip it :)

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
As far as tuners go, that one looks like it may be the way to go. I like the downloadable upgrade capability. The outlook option for on the fly is cool, and the pyro and boost monitors will save you some coin on gauges. I would definently talk to Budro's buddy first. There's nothing better than unbiased feedback. I've got my gauges and I'm going to have Jody hook me up. I'm just waiting for some feedback from him now.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
360 & 630 don't seem to match up....
@ 360 HP he should be in the high 600 or low 700 for torque iirc...

Given that the stock trucks typically put down about 275 rwhp... is 360 a lot of gain ????
just curious :) since I have a new 05 and NEED to chip it :)

Hey JohnBoy, still waiting to meet you. This is SIDS truck at NTPSA, he put ALL the mods on the truck the night before, I think he was expecting much more. The dyno doesn't lie though, and that's what it did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14