Chrome Wheel cleaning?

Bad Dog Polish

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
Good to hear from you again! I won't lie. I don't drive a pick-up. I either drive a Freightliner, Mack, Volvo or International depending on what's available that day when I go on a run. But seriously, with 2 kids preparing for college money is tight right now. Thanks for saying hi again!
I would say if Santa could afford it, I'd like a 4-door F-250 Power Stroke Diesel V8 Engine under the Christmas tree.
Steve

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
Good to hear from you again! I won't lie. I don't drive a pick-up. I either drive a Freightliner, Mack, Volvo or International depending on what's available that day when I go on a run. But seriously, with 2 kids preparing for college money is tight right now. Thanks for saying hi again!
I would say if Santa could afford it, I'd like a 4-door F-250 Power Stroke Diesel V8 Engine under the Christmas tree.
Steve

Well, since your driving them big trucks with diesels in them, we'll let cha hang around here for awhile. :thumbs

:tree :wave :tree :wave :tree

019497_2-lg.jpg

Will this do steve? :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Bad Dog Polish

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stephen,
Got a good laugh at that. That truck would be perfect! Even got the color right! :thumbs Until I get my Super Duty I will be :notworthy !
Thanks for the good laughs this morning! Looks like a great forum!
Steve

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do more polishing than I want with my business, and hate every minute of it. It is just not what I want to do when I am detailing.
Now if your polish is better than a wheel and a bar of tripoli and rouge, I might need to be getting some. How long did it take for Ian to polish those things out, and what was his process?

Baddog, I gotta remember Baddog.:smack :smack

Bad Dog Polish

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Scooter,
If I remember right, I think Ian used a SOS pad with the blue soap on it, soaked with the Green Polish and scrubbed like H***. He then polished with the green and followed with Ultra. I'll find out for sure.
I can't honestly say how long it took to do 4 wheels for tandems and 2 steer wheels. :dunno I'll called and left a message. I'm imagining it took a quite a while. I'm not implying this polish is magic. It takes work. But now that it's done, he says it's a matter of wiping down with a coat of Ultra and buffing a little and wiping off.
As far as the wheel and bar of rouge, I've never used one. Everything in my listings and pictures are hand polished. I don't own a buffer. This polish is meant for convenience when you're out on the road or on a trip. Your surfaces can be cleaned up fast and easy without having to worry about having an expensive buffer,electricity and wheels and bars along.
And don't even let me begin on the mess it saves. I'm thinking that wheel has to make quiet a mess and then clean off the tires and surrounding areas. :( But like I said, I've never used a power buffer.
I would assume a buffer would give a better shine if you know what you're doing. I've seen fuel tanks machine buffed that looked perfect and others with many swirls that looked like crap. I've polished sections of tanks to near perfection. Hand polishing is work, but satisfying work. And then when you get a harsh soap stain on the wheel or that rotten brown grease lines that shoot out from the hub that can't be wiped off, I just touch them up. No getting out the buffer, wheel, rouge and going through that whole process.
I don't have to polish anything at work. I don't have an assigned truck. I drive on the road, spot trailers in the yard, wash trucks in my spare time.
I polish wheels and tanks on a few select trucks at work for my pictures and my own satisfaction. I get a lot pride looking at the trucks I polish. :thumbs
Most of our drivers don't even say thanks. But I enjoy it. It's more for my own benefit than anything else. I love polishing. There's a lot of pride in a finished job for me.
Once a surface is polished it's a matter of minutes to clean a wheel up.
If you're a power buffer and that's what you do, I'd say stick with that.
If the Dow foamy bathroom cleaner will work, then go for it. The main thing is for Munchie to get his wheels cleaned up like he wants. Best of luck to him.
Take care,
Steve

Bad Dog Polish

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Scooter,
I misread your original post. My apologies.
Sorry for the lengthy posts too.
I think there is a place for both power buffing and hand polishing.
As far as Ian's situation, this was his first try at a truck show and he had no idea what to expect. After his name was announced as 1st place winner, guys with the big over the road trucks chromed out and polished to the max came up to Ian and were asking him who polished his truck,as if to mean who machine polished it. He said "what"? I hand polished this with this product. he showed them the bottle. They couldn't believe it. Kind of a funny story I had to mention.
I met with Ian and bought him and his family lunch for the pictures. He had some good stories to tell.
If you'd like more information I'd be glad to find out anything from him.
Ok, I'm done on the topic (I think).
Best regards,
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58