Clutch Hydraulic Leak

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
:roflmao Oh is that what that is?

So I take it your not speaking from self experience of seeing it.:eek: :D

You guys is the funniest peoples.

Antonio, what kind of fluid is it? Smelly red ATF? Kind of electric-smelling yellow brake hydraulic fluid? Engine oil?

If it is ATF then you have troubles. Big troubles. Like front shaft seal troubles, involving the removal of the transmission. :eek:

If it is engine oil, then follow it up. Hopefully, it is leaking down AROUND the bellhousing from a leaky turbo pedestal, or a HPOP line. If it is coming OUT of the bellhousing, then you have troubles. Big torubles. Like rear main seal troubles, invloving removal of the engine.... :eek:

If it is brake or clutch hydraulics, then it may be leaking down from above from the master cylinder units. I'm guessing not clutch, just from where it is located. If it is brakes, then the troubles aren't nearly as big as the other two options, that is unless you wait long enough to fix it and brakes stop working.

One more option, if it is ATF... I had my shifter seal go bad (tore) and it leaked ATF everywhere. I guess that tranny flings oil all over the darned place, because I was losing a cup in the driveway everytime I parked it (forget about how much I'd lose driving around). It took a path and ended up leaking out near the bellhousing.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
You guys is the funniest peoples.

:D We try!

Hoss 350 said:
If it is engine oil, then follow it up.

That's what it is. It wasn't dark at first. The oil only had like 800 miles on it that I forgot about and was fairly clean. Now that I've been doing only in town driving it has gotten a little darker.

I pulled all the air plumbing on top of the engine and found the problem. It's a fitting on the HPO system that will require removal of the fuel filter housing to get a wrench on.-mad It's not that bad of a leak and takes awhile to fill the valley, it's not leaving spots since I cleaned it up Tuesday.

Thanks for all the advice! Especially you Budro!:sweet:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg