clutch

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all,
a friend of mine has a 2000 f250 with close to 200,000 miles and the oem clutch is slipping, what replacement clutch would yall recommend? he tows on a regular basis, however does not want to spend the money for a top of the line clutch.
thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all,
a friend of mine has a 2000 f250 with close to 200,000 miles and the oem clutch is slipping, what replacement clutch would yall recommend? he tows on a regular basis, however does not want to spend the money for a top of the line clutch.
thanks

A LUK or a Cleavland is yer best bet, IMO. Many of the SDD site supporter/vendors have those 2 brands in various packages.

Don't Skimp.. Do it Once & Do it Right. Remember: These PSD's have alota Grunt Torque.

Yer friend is very lucky he made it to 200K on the OEM lightweight crap.

My .03

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With the cost of these trucks, I am totally surprised that people want to skimp on a MAJOR item like the clutch. Do you want to do it again???

Dave

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he doesnt want to get a cheap clutch, just not the best most expensive. thanks for the input, ?could yall give a link to a good site?

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I think something we forgot to ask... is it a 4X, most of the decent clutches do such a Great job at holding, they can be unforgiving when backing a trailer. Having a 4X will allow you to use 4-Low, eliminating the "Bucking".

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
If he made it to 200,000 miles on the origiinal, does he also still have the multidisc factory piece of &*%^? Could be an added expence if he has to buy a flywheel also. Just somethin' to think about, although i would be very surprised if he made it that far on the factory junk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg