Question Cold Air Intakes

Frederex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looking at cold air intakes for a mod......wondering which ones the best for the $$$......Banks has one I'm kinda leaning toward.....its a little pricey....what do you guys recommend?:confused:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprung for an AFE (see my sig and I have some photos somewhere on this site) and never looked back. Original filter after 8 years. Bought the extra cover for it and replaced it once. Pricey, for sure. But I liked the specs on the filtration vs pressure drop compared to Banks, who can't or won't provide the information (at least, when I was shopping for it in '05)

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
6673 all the way. Also know as the DIY tymar. Awesome airflow and filtering. Ive had one on my truck since Ive had it and replaced the filter once. Hearing the increased airflow, especially from 45-60mph is awesome. You will notice a very noticeable difference.

Riffraff has the best price on it this I think. Best bang for the buck IMHO. comes with everything you need.

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...oduct_Code=RDP6637&Category_Code=F731-IN-6637

Frederex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
6673 all the way. Also know as the DIY tymar. Awesome airflow and filtering. Ive had one on my truck since Ive had it and replaced the filter once. Hearing the increased airflow, especially from 45-60mph is awesome. You will notice a very noticeable difference.

Riffraff has the best price on it this I think. Best bang for the buck IMHO. comes with everything you need.

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...oduct_Code=RDP6637&Category_Code=F731-IN-6637

I noticed that this kit doesn't have any bracket to block off the hot air in the engine bay.....could that make a difference???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are several mods that you can do to these trucks. I cut several 2" holes in the radiator support to allow cold air to get to the intake of my 6.0. This called the Hutch Mod, if I remember correctly ( and I don't always ). You can look it up using your favorite search engine.

Dave :thumbs

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the ZOODAD mod Dave.

Like you, I suffer from the C.R.S (can't remember sh**) affliction at times too....:):D;)

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any web info on this I could see?(youtube, etc.)

There are plenty of Posts here on SDD about the ZOODAD mod but it's purdy simple.. If you look at the open end of the intake snorkel.. yul see it's purdy well restricted buy the clearance between the radiator support and the intake opening.. if you remove the grill.. you can drill, or cut holes in the support.. allowing additional air (cooler too) to be able flow through.

Joe

Frederex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Posts here on SDD about the ZOODAD mod but it's purdy simple.. If you look at the open end of the intake snorkel.. yul see it's purdy well restricted buy the clearance between the radiator support and the intake opening.. if you remove the grill.. you can drill, or cut holes in the support.. allowing additional air (cooler too) to be able flow through.

Joe

Thanks, big guy.....I'll will be doing that mod for sure:sweet:sweet:hail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14