Question Cold Air Intakes

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at cold air intakes for a mod......wondering which ones the best for the $$$......Banks has one I'm kinda leaning toward.....its a little pricey....what do you guys recommend?:confused:

From the factory you have a cold(ish) air intake. But there are several good options. I have the AIS, which is made by Donaldson and actually approved by Ford. It is considered the best filtering medium, but that doesnt mean best filter, just that it gets the most dirt. The drawback is it isnt good for much over 400hp.

AFE and S&B both make great aftermarket kits. There is some controverser over K&N. I am not a fan. I could go into why if you want, but all you need to know is there are other (possibly better, depending on what side you take) equally priced options. So based on that I dont see a reason to risk it with K&N.

6673 all the way. Also know as the DIY tymar. Awesome airflow and filtering. Ive had one on my truck since Ive had it and replaced the filter once. Hearing the increased airflow, especially from 45-60mph is awesome. You will notice a very noticeable difference.

Riffraff has the best price on it this I think. Best bang for the buck IMHO. comes with everything you need.

http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...oduct_Code=RDP6637&Category_Code=F731-IN-6637

Well.... The 6637 isnt really a cold air intake... but... See below...

I noticed that this kit doesn't have any bracket to block off the hot air in the engine bay.....could that make a difference???

No, not really. Since our trucks have an intercooler, any gain lost by using a hot air filter element, such as the 6637, is mitigated by the intercooler anyway.
I hope to get some actual data on this from my truck one day, but until then, you will just have to rely on that intercooler to do its job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14