Cold...........

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fire1 they tried to call me in tonight but I told my Sgt. that I wasn't going to mess with all those wrecks and dumb people in Dallas. I love to work the freeway most officers don't but right now I'd dread being up their some of are fellow Texans can't drive when the weather get's like this. Be safe and careful out on your calls Fire1 :cowboy:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My truck is locked in ice. Ice on the streets................I could go in but screw it. Not going to risk some idiot running into me just to show up at the job.

Took my buddy at work 3-1/2 hrs to drive from Dallas to Prosper last night. Normally a 45 minute drive.

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thnaks Dallas for sucking up all the cold weather.
its so nice here today. upper 30's breezy .
sure beats the 22 the day before
:thumbs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The road surfaces over here that was in the shadows yesterday is glazed with ice but that didn't prevent the wife going to the office this morning :sweet

Plano ISD classes all canceled today which means my kids are at home today:D

As a kid raised in the Northeast I recall the mornings at 5:30-6:00 the AM radio had my undivided attention for the school closing list -popcorn

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I am at home, probably could go in, but the boss isn't so he said I could stay too :)

So I am tele-commuting today :)

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Plano ISD classes all canceled today which means my kids are at home today:D

As a kid raised in the Northeast I recall the mornings at 5:30-6:00 the AM radio had my undivided attention for the school closing list -popcorn

Hell--two of the happiest days of my senior year in college were when classes were cancelled for snow/cold. I suppose getting 3' of snow overnight will cause a lot of things to get shut down, since it takes a while just to clear that much snow off the roads. Actually, the "All Penn State University Park classes are cancelled for today" is the only part of that day I really remember since I snuggled up with some Jack Daniels and went to beddy-bye.

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one time when full time tele-comutting sucks :)

I never have an excuse :)

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
The streets may not be bad, but the cold wind on my BALD head is freaking torture. If we get the BIG one today, we aint puttin it out. Need the fire for warmth.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58