COLDDD!!

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Boatfix has em for $15 a pop:sweet

I bought mine at a local boat place and it's the cats azz. The old plug pretty much broke off from flopping around in the breeze and the Marinco socket is SOLID. I did mount it in the metal part of the bumper, not the lower plastic air dam, but either way I wouldn't go back to a loose pigtail.:thumbs

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 came with the cord all ready on it here in AR, Found one on my friends 03 6.0 in Mesquite TX a few weeks ago, so it must just go by the dealer.

06 DSG SUPERDUTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my truck was ordered with one and it took me about an hour to find it
that thing was up behind some wiring and in between the fadiator and intercooler

motorhead440

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
O5 Excursion

haulin8or said:
So do the Excursions have them too? :dunno

Mine has one and I've used it several times. Works great , faster warm-up, smooth idle.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get really fancy, get one of THESE . If I ever get around to buying a new front bumper, I'll see if I can get the factory to drill mounting holes for one since that'll save a few seconds when the pager goes off during the winter and I forget to unplug before driving off.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are nice... I've thought about that too, but hopefully I'll get teh crap out of the garage, so it won't matter!

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
motorhead440 said:
Mine has one and I've used it several times. Works great , faster warm-up, smooth idle.

Thanks for the reply! Where did you find your cord on your X so I know where to begin looking?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The cord is installed on 6.0L Powerstrokes originally sold in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, North and South Dakota,Wyoming and our neighbor to the north; Canada:sweet

Sometimes the cord is zip tied up pretty high you may have to remove the grille to access it from the top.

Additional areas to check;
Pass side in bumper below radiator.
Just curbside of the passenger side towhook.
Possibly between radiator and grill/bumper by passenger side foglight(if equipped)
Put your hand in through the passenger side tow hook hole in the bumper. Feel/look to the right and up a bit. There is a black ribbed wire loom sheath folded over on itself and tied with a black tie-wrap. The plug itself has a black plastic cover snapped on it, which has a restraining strap that goes around the wire loom. If you cut the tie-wrap, you can bring the plug down to the level of the hole to get at it.

motorhead440

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
haulin8or said:
Thanks for the reply! Where did you find your cord on your X so I know where to begin looking?

Above the fog lights towards the passenger side tow hook. I found mine in the dark on a freezing cold night in Va last year. I've heard the cord could be in one of several locations most of which are described earlier in the thread but thats where I found mine . I use it all the time when the temps fall below 40 or so. Whats a few bucks on the electric bill compared to a smooth starting truck. Its worth it to me. :snowed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58