Question Congress Created Dust Bowl?

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not in California, but I am close, in Arizona. I am thinking that in many ways the drought is fabricated. The reason I say this is that ALL the water storage reservoirs for the Phoenix area are at 100% at the start of every summer, and have been for at least the last four years. Call me a naysayer, if you wish.
SRP Daily Water Report

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tree huggers or not, is there not a drought out there? hasn't it been for a while?
seems that is the biggest cause of it. then cutting quotas to save the delta smelt which would keep the bay delta from crashing- that got people pissed off.

if you gave Cali-no-gun-for-you all the water in the world, would it be enough? I think that they would still cry for more.

dennis

No, there is not a drought.. never was a drought.. hasn't been a drought, in the true sense of the word.... for Decades.

In layman's language & terms, here's how it worked >this year< (here in Cali):

Better than average Snow Pack, but less than average Rain fall. Lakes & resevoirs were slill (some, over) full. Rivers running normal, for the above.

(1) The Fish huggers >>SAID<<.. we're Killing the Delta Smelt. Tear down the exsisting Dams.... but in the short term..Hold back the water, and turn off the distrubution pumps for Agriculture.

Cali Fish & Game releases a report that the Smelt are prospering, and have been for quite a few years now.

Whoooops.. (1) didn't Work real well. Farmer/Ranchers are Fired Up now.

(2) The Water Resorces and Agri business folks have been trying to get legislation passed, to build a few Dams.. for Years.. to eleaveate the (so called) Drought problems.. So Cali can still supply the "American Bread Basket", and be a player in World Trade.

Add in Hydro, verses Nuclear Power generation issues here.

EPA (huggers again) have fought any of this, politically, for years.

(2) Isn't working well either. Now private Water Rights (ownership) is entering the picture.

As we Post... we are dumping water into the Delta, the SF Bay.. and into the sea.

Now enters.. The Off Shore, over the Border.. Fair Trade groups.

They are jumping in on all this like Stink on Do-Do.... Shipping in UN-USFDA inspected Produce and Goods.. on trucks (Mexico) that don't >Have To< meet any.. DOT/NHTSB regs. (Small point maybe, but part of the Politics)

All the above is simply put, but I think you'll get the Political Picture ?

It aint got Squat to do with the amount WATER.... It's ALL about WHO has the >> CONTROL<< of Water.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it goes WAY WAY WAY back to Mulholland and his boyz... that is probably the most accurate!

Yep ;tu, you got it.

Cali had a Gold Rush in 1849.. Now we're have'n a Water Rush, in 2009.

The Gold was there.. and plenty of it. The Water is here.. and plenty of it.

Who can, or will, eventually lay "Claim" to it.... ? Who knows. :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58