Considering trading 2010 for 2005

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have equity in the 2010. The dealer I just went to would pay it off and give me enough extra for a good down payment on an 06 King Ranch 350 dually 70k miles and this would drop my payment and insurance $300 month. Haven't done anything yet, still undecided, but the money saved is tempting.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an OASIS report from the seller dealer (if they are Ford). This will show you the vehicle maintenance history of work done by Ford dealers.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saving 300$ a month for a truck out of warranty could really bite you in the ass

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I havnt heard much about the 6.4's except they suck on fuel mileage. Other than that I havnt heard of any major probs like the 6.0's had. Any major probs?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regen sucks, dpf sucks, there have been many issues with radiators, injectors, egr systems, poor mpg, lots of oil leaks, the list can go on. really no different that any new model engine for any car or truck. Like I said before, I like my 2010, but with pay cuts looming at work and out of pocket increases for benefits means less $ in my pocket, not to mention medical bills for or kid, so saving 300 a month can help my family out. I know I'm going to sacrifice some warranty, the truck I like is an 06 so there is still a little bit left on the 5yr-100k powertrain. When I bought this a year ago, none of this was planned, the game has changed and now I take a chance either way. I guess there is no right answer.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
regen sucks, dpf sucks, there have been many issues with radiators, injectors, egr systems, poor mpg, lots of oil leaks, the list can go on. really no different that any new model engine for any car or truck. Like I said before, I like my 2010, but with pay cuts looming at work and out of pocket increases for benefits means less $ in my pocket, not to mention medical bills for or kid, so saving 300 a month can help my family out. I know I'm going to sacrifice some warranty, the truck I like is an 06 so there is still a little bit left on the 5yr-100k powertrain. When I bought this a year ago, none of this was planned, the game has changed and now I take a chance either way. I guess there is no right answer.

Wow, sounds like the 6.4's have more issues than the 6.0's. You gotta do what you gotta do. Its only a truck, it can be replaced. A family member cant be. The newer 6.0's seemed to be better than the early ones. If its still got some warranty left I'd say go for it. You got a lot of people on here that can help ya on fixin yer truck, you will just have to be your own backyard mechanic which will save ya money. Sucks parts for any of the computer controlled diesels are expensive. Just keep it maintained and you will be fine. :sweet

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I took the time to list the $ vs repair out of pocket cost for the potential issues I think you would re think this deal
You could save a lot more trading in your diesel for a small gasser for now IMHO
but be forewarned a 6.0 injector is 300$ before it is installed
mine had $6000.00 worth of work done a few days before the 5yr 100k warranty expired

because I was persistant!
if that was out of pocket I might have had a carbeque instead

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58