Coolant flush procedure

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
For a re-fill, two gallons coolant and two gallons distilled water. I got a gallon more of coolant to keep around. Water is available anywhere, so I got only what I needed.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will need four gallons total to fill your rad. drain it and re-fill with 50% water and 50% coolant, or two gallons each.

Dave

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
The Ford instructions are to flush the system with a mixture of water and Dawn dishsoap, The soap will dislodge any mess in the water and leave the system pure and clean. Then a good flush using a hose and running it until the soap is completely rinced out. The Rad should then be drained and the engine also drained, Then fill with water and antifreeze. The past 20 years I have been flushing my cars every 2 years and never lost an engine or radiator. This is salty road invironment. My method was to add a little javex in the flush water and check the PH to stay around 7 so as not to affect the cores and other parts. the clorine will loosen the rust particles in forms of fine dust. I never used long term antifreeze because it is in the system to long and if you have a breakdown the antifreeze just leaks out anyway. There is plenty of aluminum compatible antifreeze for diesel available at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58