Covered Up!!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So I assume you make more money goin through other people than usin your own stuff?

When I had my own trucks on the road, we were brokering freight at the same time.

It just got harder and harder for us to make money anymore with our own trucks. Between drivers tearing up stuff, damaging cars, cost of fuel, repairs & maint., cost of insurance and a new big truck payment, we decided to downsize and sell of the trucks and just go brokering only.

We have become minimalist in the way of not spending if we don't have to. Right down to eating a turkey sammich verses eating out.

Made a lot of slashes to the overhead, got rid of my F350, changed health insurance (savings of over 750.00 a month) stuff like that.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Gotcha. Sounds like yer doin good then. I always thought it would be fun delivering new cars to the dealership on those big car carriers.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Gotcha. Sounds like yer doin good then. I always thought it would be fun delivering new cars to the dealership on those big car carriers.

Hauling cars is addictive. I loved hauling them with my F350 and a 2 car trailer.

I basically grew up in a big truck. I took my first trip at the age of 6 months to Chicago. My mother would lay me down on the dog house of the cab over and would go right to sleep.

When I was a little older (6-12) I loved go on trips with my Dad in a big truck. I loved to ride with the windows down and listen to the sound of the turbo spooling up.

Lots of great memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The sound of the turbo spooling up got to me after a few months of driving. I drove in town so it was constantly spooling up and down.

Dave

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I really didn't know what it was when I first heard it. All I knew was that the air breathers were right in front of me on the big car haulers. That's were I heard the sound. My Daddy explained to me what was going on with the air, the turbo, etc.

Been hooked ever since.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a trip down memory lane.

There's just something about the Sounds & Feel of a deisel..... through the gears, turbo spooling up, intake air draw, RPM sweet spots, monitoring gauge readings for health & power.......

I hold my Dad responcible for all of it too.

Life is Good :sweet:sweet

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was following a big rig through an intersection, while I was behind him I heard his shift four times before he crossed the intersection. I used to shift as many as six times, depending on the load. That brought back some memories.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss going through all 18 gears and the sound coming out of 9" stacks. I do still drive now and again helping a freind out. But it not the same. I have thought about buying a new truck and go back to hauling heavy again. But the money would not be the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58