Help Needed Crank but no start Code P2291

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you said you were going to buy an extended warranty but your truck should still fall in the 5 year / 100,000 initial drive train warranty. (if your signature is accurate with 40,000 miles on the clock)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good point Irace. The batteries must be able to spin your engine fast enough to generate the oil pressure to fire the injectors. If the batteries are weak ( one or both) you need to replace BOTH of them. What you have is ONE battery in TWO places. They act as ONE.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The batteries must be able to spin your engine fast enough to generate the oil pressure to fire the injectors. If the batteries are weak ( one or both) you need to replace BOTH of them. [What you have is ONE battery in TWO places. They act as ONE.]

Dave

Good way to say it Dave.;tu

Battery system condition should be the First Step in trying to diagnose most Any, Starting and Running Gremlins on these PSDs (?)

Last edited:

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know you said you were going to buy an extended warranty but your truck should still fall in the 5 year / 100,000 initial drive train warranty. (if your signature is accurate with 40,000 miles on the clock)

Does this apply if your the second owner? How would I find out what the deductable would be?

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be covered by the warranty depending on the original delivery date my 05 powertrain is up in Nov. of this year. The deductible should be $100 unless it's part of the emissions warranty which has no deductible. Injectors, EGR and such are part of the emissions warranty. Take it to the dealership and have them diagnose it and release all that stress.

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks to All for all your advice, Kingkevindavid and Jpring83 you were both right 5yrs/100,000Mile powertrain $100 deductabe. I called for a Hook to take it to the dealership today. I will keep you posted with what I find out. Thanks Again

towtruck-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have my truck back! The Dealer put in a new HPOP and branch tubes. All done under warrenty with a $100 deductable. While it was in they replace my Exhaust pressure sensor and flashed the PCM for some recall they had. Thanks Again guys for all the help and Info.
Randy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58