Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dies.......

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Ya thats crazy man. I watched that on Fox this morning and couldnt believe it.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never know when it's your time. I kinda liked ole Steve. RIP You Crazy Aussie

Reaction score
I always thought he was a little "cracked", but enjoyed the hell out of his shows. Maybe the only guy to ever die from sting-ray barb to the heart.:eek:

I'll miss having him around. Definitely, one of a kind!:sweet

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
umm, am i the only one who is wondering what happened to the stingray that stuck him?

BTW: rays are good eating

And they make good boots.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
umm, am i the only one who is wondering what happened to the stingray that stuck him?

Honestly, I hope nothing happened to the ray that stuck Steve. I hope it swam away and lives out its life as it was before Steve fooled with it. These things generally sting IN THE FOOT, am I the only one wondering how Steve got stung in the chest? What was he doing to this ray?

I enjoyed his shows and will miss him, he had a one of a kind personality and was an entertainer from the word go. But he tempted mother nature one to many times it seems, I hope his wife and family can find peace with it.

Dasyatids generally do not attack aggressively, or even actively defend themselves. When threatened, their primary reaction is to swim away. However, when they are attacked by predators or stepped on, the barbed stinger in their tail is mechanically whipped up. This attack is normally ineffective against their main predator: sharks.[1] Humans are usually stung in the foot; it is also possible, although less likely, to be stung by brushing against the stinger. Contact with the stinger causes local trauma (from the cut itself), pain and swelling from the venom, and possible infection from parts of the stinger left in the wound. Injuries to humans include, but are not limited to: poisoning, punctures, severed arteries and possible death. Fatal stings, such as that which killed Australian naturalist and television personality Steve Irwin,[2] are extremely rare (as of 1996, worldwide known deaths from stingray barb injuries numbered 17),[3] but can occur if a sting punctures the heart or chest, causing complications due to both the sting's location and the poison in the barbs.

Lifted from WIKI on Stingrays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg