Cruise control on 2000 Superduty Inop?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
check the switch in the nose of the master cylinder.. ohm it with your foot on & off the brake pedal

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
mine is working now replaced the brake switch and wiggled the plug by the master that was put in in the recall and it started working. I am thinking it was the brake switch, I also made sure the switch is in the correct orentation it has to be perpendicular with the pushrod from the master not the break pedal to get the entire movement of the contacts. Also noticed where the weird smell is coming from in my truck the master is leaking into the the drivers compartment, so the smell is Dot 3 oil. The firewall is covered in oil.

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
after replacing the switch I took off and it stopped working after a while. Was cruising back to work in Kansas was messing around with the break petal and the clutch petal trying to get the cruse to work. Found that the parking brake was not in the top position apparently the spring on the parking brake return is getting weak and not setting it against the switch. It was something stupid was going to waist money by bringing it to the dealer just lucked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58