Crummy left the door open

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well I think we actually hit 1 or 2 above today, funny how good it feels after -20 :D
No problem Crumm, its good for business down here :sly

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
OK fine I shut the door and took back the weather.

Just drove through:
Severe blizzard. West winds to 50 mph with gusts to 60 mph. Visibility reduced to zero in snow and blowing snow.
They were not kidding when they said ZERO visibility. There were six trucks in the ditch on the pass and one upside down over the bank. They shut the pass right behind me due to major Avalanches :eek:

Here now:
Mostly cloudy. Scattered snow showers. Highs 15 to 25 early this morning with temperatures falling to zero to 10 below by evening. West winds 5 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph in valleys. West winds 15 to 30 mph over higher summits with areas of blowing snow and locally reduced visibilities.

Tonight:
Decreasing clouds. Patchy fog after midnight in the valleys. Lows 15 to 30 below. Light winds in valleys with west winds 15 to 30 mph over higher summits in the evening with local areas of blowing snow.

Hope you are all happy now :D

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well, we're still supposed to have -17 tonight, but after that, it looks better.

Thanks Crumm, you're such a great guy :sweet

Enjoy your weather :tounge

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well,, i feel bad complaining about 17* lol,, our high for today will be 42* in Greenbrier AR. rich.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
46*'n a nice steady, light rain here in CenCal this AM. Sposta do this for the next 3 to 5 days. REAL Good snow fall in the Sierras go'n on. We need it Big Time.

Gota fire go'n, Coffee in the pot, dogs at my feet, cat'n my lap, lurk'n on SDD.. Life Is Good.

Crumm ? Glad you made it home Safe ;tu

We don't need no "Late Breaking (bad) News" about anyone, here on SDD.

When you leave the door open ? we get the rain we need. Thanks for do'n that;) :)

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, it's a "warm" 40 and overcast. However the prediction is for freezing rain Friday morning. Should make rush hour traffic a bummer!!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW @ 6:00pm, PST 1-23-08.. CalTrans just closed the Grapevine (I-5) between L.A. & Bakersfield, in both directions. (N & S) SNOW

Anyone out here that might be affected by this tonite, may wana take 101 or 14/58 to get around it:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

AlaskanSuperduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Crumm, ya sure you couldn't open the door a little, it's gettin' cold in Fairbanks, again. :cold2 I actually don't mind the ambient temperature, it's the wind gusts that are getting to me and my truck, it's been pushing it all around on the Richardson going to and from North Pole. With all that ice on the roads from that weird warm spell, I haven't seen that many cars in the ditch at one time in a long time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14