Cruse control buttons?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
Yes, most people don't give it a moment's thought, but nanny government in its infinite wisdom decided to put a high explosive charge in the steering wheel of every passenger vehicle manufactured today. If the crash doesn't kill you, the airbag might. But it may save your life. A crapshoot. No substitute for seat belt and shoulder harness.

I know there is the possibilty it could kill you, but by and large they have saved many lives. If used properly, with a seat belt the are generally no more dangerous. No rear facing child seats and children in general do not go with them at all. I have yet to see someone killed during and auto accident by the Airbag alone. If anyone is so concerned about it, you can disconnect it. Itis YOUR car.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
I know there is the possibilty it could kill you, but by and large they have saved many lives. If used properly, with a seat belt the are generally no more dangerous. No rear facing child seats and children in general do not go with them at all. I have yet to see someone killed during and auto accident by the Airbag alone. If anyone is so concerned about it, you can disconnect it. Itis YOUR car.
In my last accident, I was wearing lap and shoulder harness as usual, but had the air bag in the Volvo wagon. That bag gave me bruises and first degree burns, not what I would want in a safety device. And at $3000 to replace the front airbags, I think that is why insurance companies total out repairable automobiles, as the cost to replace the airbags makes the difference between repair and write-off much higher.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Yep I see the "airbag rash" all the time. They will leave bruises and abrasions for sure. But I still say they do a pretty good job. Get used to them they are putting them everywhere they can, up to around 12 in ONE vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58