Cummin's to Ford

vapor_300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Recently I just traded in my 2001 Cummin's in on a 2006 Powerstroke. And to tell the truth I dont know much about these powerstroke's, and most that I have heared about them is bad. I was just curious about what i should watch for on these things, the do's the dont's, you know all that kind of stuff.

Also I have a Sledpuller 66 turbo that I took off by dodge, does anyone know if they will work in a ford?

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
You'll almost certainly loose an injector or two. Some people have not experienced this problem, but I have lost two with less that 16,000 miles on my rig (an '05). Watch for computer re-flashes, as they do them often. Don't modify your truck with anything you cant take off/return to stock. If you get an exhaust, keep the "cat" for warranty purposes. Lift kits void warranties at some dealerships, not at others. Hopefully you own your truck for a long time without any problems. If anything goes wrong and you can't figure it out, come to this site for answers. There is a lot of knowledge here. Most importantly, welcome and enjoy.:sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
vapor_300 said:
Recently I just traded in my 2001 Cummin's in on a 2006 Powerstroke. And to tell the truth I dont know much about these powerstroke's, and most that I have heared about them is bad. I was just curious about what i should watch for on these things, the do's the dont's, you know all that kind of stuff.

Also I have a Sledpuller 66 turbo that I took off by dodge, does anyone know if they will work in a ford?
:clap:
06 strokes are probably going to be the best for the 6.0 engine
most issues have been resolved and we are not at a record number of recalls for teh year. :roflmao
Dont tow over your rated capacity

Dont let your wife know how much money you spend on mods :eek:

Do drive it like a truck and let her breath

Do get good gauges, at least a real tranny temp and an exhaust guage, then a boost and its all up from there

Do change oil like its recommended

if you get a tuner...... or chip...... warranty could be an issue later

Do get a good freer breathing exhaust

Wash her regualry, followed by hugs and waxing

put truck details in your signature, that way we can help you spend $$ on her :D

I like my truck a good bit
on my fourth one

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally love the Cummins motor, but I don't like the truck it comes in. I love my truck and I dig the 7.3, but if I have it long enough to need a new motor, I will consider doing the Cummins conversion. I don't want to get flamed, but their power potential and fuel economy is hard to beat.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
you can now use a drive thru at the Sonic, without shutting down:D
The people at my Sonic must be half deaf, Robert. I ALWAYS have to shut down before I order at their drive through, there and anyplace else for that matter. But I do love that sound, and like Raymond, EVERYONE LOVES MY TRUCK! :sweet

vapor_300

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I do like the whistle that it makes, dont know how it will sound with a straight pipe but i guess i'll find out later. It does not have no where near the power my dodge had but then again it wasn't very stock, but i think im going to keep this one stock for a long time.

My dodge put down 594hp with 1237torque on a dynojet

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
vapor_300 said:
I do like the whistle that it makes, dont know how it will sound with a straight pipe but i guess i'll find out later. It does not have no where near the power my dodge had but then again it wasn't very stock, but i think im going to keep this one stock for a long time.

My dodge put down 594hp with 1237torque on a dynojet

Just out of curiosity, why did you sell the Dodge and jump in a Ford? :dunno I think you'll find quite a few people that like the Cummins but don't like its wrapper, that's why they're in Fords.

I hope you enjoy the truck, and good luck keeping it stock....especially on this site! :roflmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14