Question cylinder drain plug

JRJ04

Reaction score
have you taken a fuel sample again since you've done everything to see if there is still water present?

another thought i had...there's a Q/D (quick disconnect) fitting on the inlet side of the fuel pump that has been notorious for pulling in air...I wonder if that could continually be pulling in condensation? Seems like an extreme case, but probably wouldnt hurt to eliminate that by getting some diesel fuel rated hose and replacing that fitting...

anyone else think thats a possibility?

Laughing Buddha

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
have not yet taken another sample for water. just added sea foam yesterday. after driving around more i will take another sample. will check that disconnect

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have not yet taken another sample for water. just added sea foam yesterday. after driving around more i will take another sample. will check that disconnect

Just my .02 but I doubt the FP inlet fitting is a source for water.. at the level you've been dealing with. It IS however a known source for air.. getting into the fuel system.

For 15 bucks you can replace that fitting assembly, from the inlet, back to the steel line coming from the tank.... a piece of diesel friendly fuel line, and 2 band clamps will do the deed.

A Highly recommended Mod.. by many here, with good results. (reduced cackle, smoother idle)

Laughing Buddha

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
took an 8oz sample of fuel from line b/w tank and fuel pump last night. this morning it had about 4 droplets of water about the size of bb's. at least i don't have an emulsion anymore.

my acceleration is getting better, but now i'm getting a burst of white smoke right when i hit 2000 rpm, and it goes away as soon as gear shifts (its an automatic).

i am also getting rid of that quick disconnect at the fuel pump this afternoon just to rule out air intake as well.

talked with a friend that is a mechanic with core of engineers this morning. they filled up one of their big trucks with diesel from a station yesterday because they were traveling with equipment. he described it as more water in filter housing than fuel. they had to pump out 90 gallons of fuel at job site; 50 man hrs total (keep in mind they are government employees though). and i was bitching about pumping out 12 gallons........

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took an 8oz sample of fuel from line b/w tank and fuel pump last night. this morning it had about 4 droplets of water about the size of bb's. at least i don't have an emulsion anymore.

my acceleration is getting better, but now i'm getting a burst of white smoke right when i hit 2000 rpm, and it goes away as soon as gear shifts (its an automatic).

i am also getting rid of that quick disconnect at the fuel pump this afternoon just to rule out air intake as well.

talked with a friend that is a mechanic with core of engineers this morning. they filled up one of their big trucks with diesel from a station yesterday because they were traveling with equipment. he described it as more water in filter housing than fuel. they had to pump out 90 gallons of fuel at job site; 50 man hrs total (keep in mind they are government employees though). and i was bitching about pumping out 12 gallons........

Stuff like this, has allwayz made me wunder.. Why the "Big 3".. hasn't put a Low Point Drain.. [on the fuel tanks].. of Dezel powered vehicles... that we, Mass consumers buy.

The option of a weekly/monthly draining of a Quart, or so, From the Fuel Tank..would surely be a good PM thing.. for us Motor Heads..AND, a good primary diagnostic for the "Big 3" shops too.

When the WIF light comes on.. it's usually.. to late (idiot light thing).

Hmmmm.. anyone from the "Big 3" monitoring today ?????

:dunno

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14